What is the cheapest high performance ski?

Jack_Haase

• Baller
I have been watching the ski it again slalom webpage for about a year now and yet it still amazes me. You see Rev 6's going for 400 and you see A3's going for 700. Every ski it very different price wise but the question I want to know is what is the cheapest ski you can take to 41' off??

• Baller
It looks like you're basing pricing on the used market. That's highly variable. But looking at your last question/sentence, it would be interesting to know what is the lowest model/level of ski that someone could take into 41.

• Baller
Of the "new" skis, the 2016 Vapor Lithium I thought was a bargain purchased new. I think I paid $1200 and change (maybe $1299 I just don't remember but not over $1300). Most others manufacturers were significantly more for their top skis. The Pro-Build then jumped price a bit for 2017.

• Baller

It amazes me how cheap the GT's are going. It's my favorite ski, so far, and it has run 41 a few times and into 41 a lot. Not with me on it, of course, but if you are capable, the ski sure is.

Like most of these guys are saying though, any of the top manufacturers skis are plenty capable.

• Administrators

@Beastmode yea used skis and used ski prices are a funny thing. I am sure if you found a lightly used 6 yr old X7 Nate would run mid 41 on his first try.

On the other hand if a $600 ski has been pushed through 200 or 300 39s already it is likely junk.

Ski breakdown is a subject that no one seems to agree on but oddly a new ski always feels better.

So yes Asher or Freddie or Nate or.... can run 39 on a crap ski but that does not mean you or I want to ski on it.

there are great deals out there if you know the skiers that you are buying from. I just bought a 2016 Vapor for $625 in Dec from a friend at SMRR that less then 20 sets practice and tournaments. I had found the same ski on Ebay for $600 but T$ just set my friend up with the new Pro build and so I picked up his 2016 Vapor.

• Baller
There were 2 RADAR reps at the Seattle boat show at Wiley's giving me the low down on the new Vapor Pro Build and all the secret sauce they pour in the middle and the carbon-fiber Vapor bindings. The black-on-black-ski-and-binding combo was a thing of beauty. It took all the will power I had to keep 2000-2300 or so dollars in my wallet.