Moomba News

Horton

• Baller
Watched a very little bit at work this afternoon. Seems every time I clicked in there was an ad on so I gave up. From past webcast I assume ads mean that it's down time between events. I understand there strategy, but I don't think it's going to work.

• Baller
Maybe they're listening. It's been good as it gets later. Don't know what it takes to run a replay, but sure would be nice to have a replay or two instead of immediately cutting to commercial. The sponsors are getting plenty air time. They cut almost immediately to ads after a fall. I guess that's part of it, but I hope we get some replay in the big rounds to come

• Baller
Don't hold your breath on anything changing for the big rounds. The Moomba webcast hasn't changed in several years. Looks like they are trying to do an HD feed this year without also sending out lower bitrate video. That's gonna increase the dropouts for many viewers.

• Administrators
Pretty happy to see T-Gas win. Those conditions don’t look bad but I am pretty sure it is super challenging out there. Gates and one ball from the bridge end seem super hard. Whitney seems to have used some strategy to take 39 from the other end to get an easier one ball for the win. On the other hand the two ball from the other end eat a number of skiers including @FWinter.

• Baller
And Jacinta, 4 years & 31 consecutive victories. Unbelievable! 3 jumps, 3 course records. Great slalom final, felt for Jmac, long way to come to misgrab a handle on a relatively simple pass, he was pretty filthy. And as always, come the big show and TGas is ready to go, he has a great ability to thrive under pressure, lots of experience I guess goes a long way, great champion.

• Baller

Pretty sure Jmac got bounced around coming into the course at 11 and didnt get the gate approach he wanted. You could see the boat porpoise about as he was pulling out.

He doesn't switch up his equipment too often and posted online this winter he was still dialing in his pro build.

• Baller
@Splasheye I asked Freddy about that. He said he thought he had 3 over 70m at a UK event a number of years ago, but not as far as his third. It is probably the highest totaled or averaged distance for a single round of jump ever.

• Baller

Thanks to @auskier for the input. Not an easy project, as scorebooks don't tend to show

all 3 jumps. And, sometimes when a jumper kicks a big one, they'll come in and pass on

taking another. Somewhat related, from the Old Days:

Back in 1964, Joe Cash told me about when he was skiing at Cypress Gardens in the 50s,

the jump act would start with a single by each of the 3 jumpers. They were also

measured, and he said at times the sum of the 3 would be over 400 feet. That was when

the record was under 140'. He said it was nice in tournaments, so he could get wider on

the boat without the other 2 guys there. (Maybe Mike Osborn & Buster MacCalla).