Anyone want to commiserate? WIND!!!

UWSkier

• Baller
Still haven't had much luck with wind on the days we have had available. Finally went rodeo riding on Minnetonka Saturday morning until I decided that I was going to die if I kept it up. At least it was warm.

@ms, we just got our boat in last Sunday (dock work). But could only think of 2-3 days that would have been skiable prior to that. We did get 3 days in this week before the upper 90s with 30+ mph winds.

Really glad I didn't commit to skiing with Parrish this weekend.... Although Clearwater should be better than Dream Lake.

• Baller_
Had a Driver's clinic today and was a test skier for the aspiring assistant drivers. Winds were 15-25 mph straight down the lake. The drivers actually did very well. We have a bunch more wind in the forecast, but I do like the warm temps.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Damn. Where was that @oldjeep

I barely saw any hail this AM in Minnetonka. Didn't looks too bad driving around my house either, but did see lots of power outages.

Finally had a week of 7 straight ski days week before last. I have been able to get skiing about 3 days a week now. Hopefully I can creep up to the usual 5-6 days again.

Here in Sandusky, Ohio nothing but wind. It has either been cold and out of the north or hot (like today) and blowing like crazy out of the west. Went out this morning and whitecaps around 5 and 6. New ski, HO Superlite CX, and have not been able to dial it it yet. Always bumpy.

• Baller
Nothing but wind in Illinois. Every weekend is a wash including this one. I've put 2 hours total on our new boat. Club skiing has been better but only because we are doing it at 5:30 am. Weekend skiing has been destroyed by wind completely.

• Baller_
One thing about all this wind: I can't recall the last time I saw a mosquito. I think they've all been blown over to Europe. Either that, or they are just hunkered down.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Here in central Indiana we have also been competing for smooth wind-free water. Our first tournament of the year at Champion Lake on June 24th was wind free for the first round then came the 25 mph west wind down the lake. Nate Smith ran a predictable 1.5 @ 43' off and some other skiers managed their "PB's" on smooth first round section of the event. On July 1st at Hawthorn Lake, the wind gods raised their ugly heads before the first round of skiers was done. The youngsters and the grassroots skiers got the best water conditions! Those of us who skied late in the first round are considering asking the tournament organizers to let us "experienced" skiers ski at the beginning of the round for possible smooth water at future events!