How much did you ski this year?

Horton

• Administrators

I took ride 251 today. I am pretty sure that is the most rides I have taken in one year as an adult.

How much did you ski this year?

• Baller

More than ever.

At least four sets on the weekends and once, twice a week, free skiing about 12 miles around the lake after work.

The best of those mid week sets was meeting up with my buddy, waiting, watching for the traffic to die after dinner and having glass to ourselves.

We always followed it up with a light dinner, some drinks and a toast to appreciating how lucky we are.

esp71p1yfsc8.jpg

• Baller

Not enough.

Was slow getting the course in due to wind, availability of partners and family schedule.

Never really got going due to water level issues, dry summer meant extra irrigation and drastically low lake levels, moved course twice and pulled it early.

See what next year brings.

• Baller
Very little and gave back all of the progress I made last year. Got hurt in December and did not ski again until May, then never could regain my form and skied progressively worse until I quit skiing out of frustration in July. Hope to get back in the saddle this week.

• Baller

I don’t keep records but bet I am around 200 sets. Given they were all min 80 miles from my house I am happy with that.

@Horton since you run this website for a living and reside 20 feet from the shore of a beautiful ski lake in California you should be getting 250 rides a year. If you stay healthy in 2018 I want to see 300.

On a different note, I will be going by this weekend and may bring my ski along if you are around. Then I can be ~201 rides this year

• Baller

Approx:

15 free ski sets

50 Course sets

20 trick sets.

Below plan. Much wind and 2 times rib rehab.

Progress:

More stable tricks.

Smoother, earlier better 30-31mph rides. Much worse, fewer 32 mph rides!

Slighetly better 34 mph attempts....

Same pb for 4 seasons! Not so fun....

• Baller_

According to “My Stats” on the USAWS website i had 53 tournament sets this year, 41 being slalom. I assume, though, that “this year” is the ski year, nationals to nationals.

I hadn’t used that feature before. Thanks to @Beastmode for pointing it out!

Lpskier