ZO No GPS: Please HELP!

ral

• Baller

Yesterday, our 2014 Nautique 200 woke up with the dreadful “No GPS” message. Diagnostics show GPS1 and GPS2 failing, when resetting, they go away but show again both failing after 10 Secs. Disconnected the bsttery, and unplugged and replugged the dashboard unit but no change.

Questions.

1) Any other suggestions?

2) is the “Garmin GPS 18x 5Hz High-Sensitivity” puck the one to buy

3) Any instructions/suggestion on how to replace the pucks (dismounting and disconnecting old ones, and mounting reconnecting new?

Thanks!!!

• Baller

From a previous post in 2015...

"I replaced the two pucks on my '08LXi this summer. Called ZO tech support and after he told me the cost of the new pucks AND without my prompt, told me i should find the same puck for less money elsewhere. Gave me the part # Garmin GPS18x-5Hz. At the time the cheapest I found was at www.gpscity.com...$139.95. Installed them and ZO system worked immediately."

I recall it was reasonably straightforward to install...may have some instructions in my computer...will check tomorrow

• Baller

I ran into a similar problem a while ago. From the darn Russians thread:

"Push and hold on/off/menu

When the page comes up, use the arrows to highlight and select SCREEN

Arrow to DIAGNOSTICS and select

Select to clear HISTORY

Press on/off/menu twice to exit back to the normal display (note that this worked perfectly the first time but was a bit weird when I was checking just now - lots of random multiple button pushing, mostly on/off/menu, got me back to the normal screen with a working GPS display)."

I think the cause was a battery issue. I made sure the battery was fully charged before skiing and survived until I got a new battery.

Eric