The Greatness of Regina

lhoover

• Baller

Just saw a nice thread talking of the dominance and greatness of Nate Smith. And that is very true. But folks, we are watching, and have watched for over a decade, the greatest 3 event female in the history of our sport. And the greatest female slalom skier ever, period, end of sentence.

She just won for the 4th yr in a row the Swiss Pro Tourney by an astounding 5 buoys. The only female to run the 39off pass the entire weekend....and she did it 3 times. And lest we forget, this is a former Tricks World Champion!

Just amazing, so enjoy the run with her and congratulations to Regina, the best ever.

• Baller

From the GOODE blog:

"Her slalom win set the all-time mark for Women’s world slalom championships at four, breaking the record of three that she previously shared with legends Liz Allen, Cindy Todd and Helena Kjellander. Regina’s four World Slalom titles came in 2005, 2013, 2015, and now, 2017. The overall gold is the fifth of her career, the most ever for a Woman and second only behind Patrice Martin all time. She also earned a silver medal in jumping to go along with her team gold, giving her four medals during the 2017 championships."

So the most ever slalom and overall world championships, plus a few tricks and jumping medals thrown in for good measure. Definitely the G.O.A.T.

• Baller

As a 34 mph skier I've never understood why people don't look more closely at her skiing style. Quiet power with minimal movement. Regina is a whopping 5' 4" and she gets it done big time.

Several years ago I participated in a charity type tournament that had locals (me) and also pros (like Regina). Very nice person. Her core looked to be incredibly strong. I went off the dock right after her......................

• Baller

Having been around RJ since her college days, I can truthfully say she is the same girl I've known for nearly 20 years, from being in the boat for 3 hours at the Southern Regionals judging, to putting in buoys, to Alabama football games, she never changes, absolutely driven to be the best, her work ethic is beyond approach. How long she can sustain this is really up to her.

• Baller

@lakeaustinskier mentioned it above, but think about all the times we talk about TW being short(-er) or Chris Parrish being tall and what a huge disadvantage/advantage we imagine that represents.

At 5'4", Regina is unstoppable.