What will a 2019 Nautique really cost?

FredF

• Baller
All promo boats will have the 6.2 this year so you might be able to get a new one with the base 6 L for same or less if you have a dealer that won’t rape you. Early guesstimate from a promo guy was high 80s for the 6.2 promo boats.

• Administrators
@ConPexEr boat pricing of course depends on options and features. It seems like the Nautiques will run 25 to 30k (roughly) more a promo Mastercraft.

• Baller
Due to supply and demand I reall don’t see the new Nautique promo edition being resold for less the 100k. It will have the 6.2 motor and to my understanding there are very little to add as far as options other then metal flake and a camera.

• Baller

@MS We have that discussion a lot. Even the other new boats give us the same dilemma. I chose Nautique in tournaments last year because I had so few training rides behind anything else. This is not going to help.

The restrictions on hours in the promo program will make it worse. Trick sets are supposed to be an hour. I don't see mooching too many hour sets when the tournaments alone consume the allotted hours. The days of" let's go ski" are over behind new boats.

Anyone know what boat will be in Chile for Senior Worlds?

Eric

• Baller
I wonder how many of these new nautiqes will actually be sold to private individual for individual use. Seems like the only way to make this boat make Financial sense is in a club, ski school or promo boat

• Baller_
@LoopSki : 100k +/- is a surprisingly small % compared to the overall financial picture of someone that has a nice home on an upscale private ski lake. My guess would be enough to validate the corporate investment in the new boat. The hope is those boats actually get used, kind of like the average supercar that sits in a garage and does not get driven.

• Baller_

Same for me a 100k boat is not on my horizon. There are probably enough people that are blessed with the financial wealth to afford and snap up enough of them to make it a feasible business plan to offer a 100k boat. Lots of marinas are packed full of 7 figure boats.

I stand corrected, 'nice' was a poor choice of wording as pretty much any house on a private ski lake is nice. How about '$7+ figure'.

• Baller
Feeling really good about buying my 16 promo back in 16. Thought it was the most financially irresponsible, ridiculous thing I've ever done at the time. Now it feels like I "got in" during the good ol' days! Woohoo!

• Baller
@eleeski you mentioned limited hours for promos. First I've heard of that. How many? Next question that will probably remain unanswered due to confidentiality, what's the lease payment that promo guys will pay. In the past lots of Nautique promo guys basically broke even on boats, except for years when there was a significant price increase. Now I assume it's gonna cost them a substantial amount. How long will that last? Of course, Nautique may be giving them a great deal, but not the deal they had previously.

• Baller
You’ll pay a premium this year because it’s new and there aren’t many on the market. Next year I would bet a new one would be within range of a similarly equipped prostar. I priced out a prostar with the 6L engine and nicely equipped and MSRP is $118k, Base MSRP without adding any options (no stereo, no trailer, no rear seats, no bow cover, no cover, no carpet, no mirror, no heater, 5.7L) is $78,570. When you actually price out these boats with MSRP they are very close in cost.

• Baller
@LeonL From what my dealer says, I could only order one once the 2019 build slots begin, which is September-ish. But then there will be no problem getting one. The 19’s floating around this summer are for promo and demo purposes. He’ll have a demo in July for us to ski. If this is in contrast to what the promo guys are hearing, pleas correct me. I’m just assuming my dealer is feeding me accurate intel.

• Administrators

FYI a lot of the rumors I heard weeks and months ago about this boat have turned out to be false....

Nautique is going to make as many boats as they can sell. I seriously doubt there will be a shortage but I would not be shocked by a 90+ day lead time on a boat.

• Baller
Whatever the cost turns out to be, the laws of supply and demand will work out, as for any other product out there. However, I think the shrinking number of people in this sport is not helped by these price points.