Interior Choice Sea Dek or Carpet

Bulldog

• Baller
The one knock I’ve read about Deckadence is that it gets very hot under foot. Any Florida Deckadence peeps out there care to comment? We have the MC darker grey carpet in our Prostar and it seems fine so far in our hot FL sun, but there’s much I like about Deckadence.

• Baller
After skiing and hopping into a boat (still dripping wet) with SeaDek to pin for a tricker, my wet bare foot seemed to be secure on the floor. However with a little force while adjusting to balance the boat wakes, my foot slipped and my toes jabbed into the engine cover. It seems that SeaDek is and feels grippy, until it's not. I've never had anything similar to that happen with carpet. Conversely, I have never seen anyone slip while entering/exiting a boat via stepping on a SeaDek covered gunwall. I have seen that from bare (polished) gelcoat.

• Baller
I've had snap in carpets on just about all of the boats I've owned starting in 96. Never had any trouble with shrinkage. I wouldn't consider any other option. It gives you a finished gel coat surface which works ok when you know you're going to be in really wet weather. I just remove the carpets in that case and it makes the boat really easy to deal with in the rain. If the carpets do get soaked, it's easy to hang them up to dry. They dry 10 times quicker hung up because most of the water drains out in about an hour. It also makes them really easy to clean out of the boat. Never had any trouble with durability. I had my 96 boat for 20 years and the original snap in carpets still were in great shape.