What have you lost in your lake?

TEL

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
Accidently kicked the CEO's wedding ring set (3) off the dock, of course right after I said, lets take these up to the house so we don't lose them. Much worse than doing your own, I know every inch of the dog house ... Spent July 4th weekend with an underwater metal detector, dry suit and mask (while she was visiting friends) and found them, life got much better on July 6:) I can't believe nobody that is in the JTH circle lost 'you know what' on the lake.

• Baller

I also did the wedding ring set thing!

My wife was getting ready to ski and realized her rings were still on. She gave them to our young guest, telling her to put them in the cup holder. I then told her to put them in the glove box, which she didn't of course. Hours later I picked up a drink from the cup holder, walked to the platform and heard a "plink" "plink". They were 40 feet down by the time I realized what had happened.

• Baller
I took my brother and his wife skiing on their anniversary. My brother took off his ring after he put on his ski while on the platform. He dropped the ring. That lucky snot bounced the ring into the plastic cup under the lift rings between the transom and the platform on my old Nautique.

My GoPro only made it to 4 ball. It was mounted on the ski and the latch came open. I didnt lose the mount, just the camera.

I have a really nice CNC prop and part of the shaft from my 82 SN on the bottom of the lake. A watch, a couple of wrenches, a friends i phone, Revo sunglasses (remember those).

But what I have lost is well worth all the memories I found over a lifetime.

• Baller
My wife had the key fob to her new suv around her finger as she stepped off the dock on to the swim deck of the boat and I heard a plunk, splash and Fu$$$K. We were 4 hours from home and no spare keys so I borrowed my 6 year old grand sons mask and dove in and found them in the mud. Just one of those store card things was sticking out of the mud. Key fob worked fine.

• Baller

Well,until tonite nothing major but my dumbass ski partner was feeding rope to another skier that just jumped in and realize too late that he just through my Reflex shell in the water as i was getting the boat moving.

Instead of jumping in when we were 7-8 feet from it,he just yelled''you're boot is in the water and tried to rope it... :(

By the time i stopped the boat and got out of seat...well...

I hate posting in this thread!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller_
Boat hook. Was using it to bring up a ski course. Since I didn't see it actually fall into the water from the careless placement on the trunk/platform, I wasn't sure where to begin diving. Maybe someday I'll see if I can locate it based on where I thought it happened.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I lost a #2 ball Accusink sub. Was pulling up to reattach 2ball. The line holding subfloat broke tearing sub out of my hand and disconnecting airline. Subfloat is now on bottom somewhere! Tied boom to boat and swam to shore for spare. Need to put on scuba gear and go find it someday.

• Baller
lost my concentration as I watched our spotter (my dog in training) sitting on the Observer's chair, head held high with a big smile moving his gait back and forth like at a tennis match, eyes glued to me. I started cracking up and just couldn't run that 41 off pass. (yeah, right)

• Baller
A brand new rope and handle in lake Osoyoos. My son (3 years old at the time) was “fishing” with it and it was not tied off. Lake was a mirror of course. No spare rope in the boat at the time.... sad

"Do Better..."

Lots of stuff over the years...Like several others a prop with part of the shaft and my gopro were the biggies. I dove, and recovered my daughters friends iphone a couple of weeks ago. Still run a magnet around the dock every so often looking for a 1/2" box end I dropped about ten years ago. Not sure why, but that one really pissed me off.

I called Gopro and told them I did exactly what they told me not to do and put it on my ski. Begged for mercy as it was a xmas gift from my wife. The guy laughed and sent me a new one for about 1/2 price.

• Baller

I've got at least 4 wrenches in the mud near our ski team's dock. 2 pairs of sunglasses. Even lost my board shorts one day last year after footing. Stripped out of my suit in the water and didn't feel them leave since I had compression shorts on....spent the rest of the day in my wetsuit....

And I'm still getting blamed 10 years later for an anchor off my wife's grandparent's pontoon, when one of the aunts for some reason untied the rope that I had just tied to the pontoon and tossed the anchor in... The neighbors found it a few years later when their prop picked up the rope.

• Baller
Not in my lake but got an assist this week in West Monroe with with my iPhone. Thought I’d give @Nelson a hard time B) . He tried to give me one of his phones to make up for it. Total stand-up guy. I really can’t say why I even brought it on the boat.

• Baller

Motorola flip phone found vibrating at bottom of lake. Took apart and put on the deck in the sun and the darn thing worked! I doubt the numerous smart phones I have had since then would stand up to that.

A few sunglasses (think Maui Jim

level) and one 2” fin measuring spacer.

• Baller

Somewhere in my lake,there's now a fish with a new pair of Oakley Straight Jacket.

Dive off the pontoon with them on.

Realize mid air but ...too late.

• Baller
It was sundown and I was headed west, pulling a jumper... As he was going over the jump, I turned my head to watch and my sunglasses flew off the top of my ball cap due heavy crosswinds and into the lake.. I've never put my sunglasses on the ball cap while driving since

• Baller

@jimski

You are totally right.Just learned that researching replacement.Still have an older pair of the late model with Revant replacement lenses but simply not the same quality of lenses.

The fit of the Jacket was perfect for my ugly face! :)

• Baller

two props, one with a 5" hunk of shaft in it, cell phone, keys, gas cap, about a thousand pairs of swimming goggles till I started lanyarding them to my barefoot suit. Must be more but not that I can think of now.