What have you lost in your lake?

TEL

• Members

Friend of mine flew (low) over us skiing the course in his Cessna 210. Stuck his head out of the window to shout down and off came his Ray Bans. Saw them splash 10 feet in front of the boat.

Lost a few wrenches working on the boat on the lift. Eventually found a few of them, but dang.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
Drone, Cell phones, Camera, Lens(s) for the camera (this was the most expensive), ive also "lost" one of our workboats, that ended up coming loose in a storm and sinking in the middle of the lake....Its still down there. towels, reflex boot and plate(dad was not happy about this one) wetsuits, and to many screwdrivers to count.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller
Well, I thought losing a diamond earring was bad enough, but tonight I topped that. I lost my insulin pump... I have no idea if it is at the bottom of the lake or what? I simply cannot find it. A frantic call to Medtronic, they are sending a replacement overnight, call to the on-call doc to get long acting insulin, as I don't have any. And a trip to Walgreens 20 minutes before they close because they couldn't just sell me a single vial of insulin. I had to have a prescription. Good Lord. What an evening.

• Baller

The bottom of any body of water should just be called the Tool Box.

That's what we called it when working in the north Atlantic ocean. When people would ask 'Where's that wrench/battery/sunglasses/etc?' the answer was always truthfully, "It's in the tool box!"

I once had a co-worker ask if I'd seen his 20" monitor, and when I said it was in the tool box, he looked down into the water and said 'hmm, how'd that happen?" and walked away like it was completely plausible. Given what we lost, it was a reasonable statement!

• Baller

My fin...going around 3-ball at 35.

My bud Moyerism says my shorts were at my knees when I managed to crawl in the pickup boat. I don't believe it, but then again I don't remember much after the crash.

The Mobile causeway location, some tournament down there. Guess that's not a lake but at least it is fresh water.

• Baller
A few years ago my buddy's kid was in the boat with us and being a brat. He grabbed a pair of gloves and threw them in the lake and was told, "better not do that again". The gloves were retrieved and sure enough, the kid threw 'em in again. So my buddy takes his T-Rex dinosaur toy and chucks it. It's still down there, waiting to be discovered by a future paleontologist.

• Baller
A few years ago the Wednesday night crew were skiing our usual Wednesday night time slot at Bow lake. After skiing our sets and enjoying dinner Doug decided to do some bare footing which he did most every week after dinner. @Rednucleus was driving while Ken and I were watching from the clubhouse area. Doug did a few up and backs and when he was finished and went to climb into the boat there was no swim platform attached to the boat anymore! No one noticed it coming off during his footin set. It was a fiberglass swim platform with metal brackets so it went straight down to the bottom of Bow lake. We spent countless hours dragging for it over that summer with no luck. Even tried a few fish finders to try to locate it. To this day it is still somewhere at the bottom of Bow lake ☹️

• Baller
@Brokenstack Things are good thanks. Got the replacement (90 day loaner) pump by 9:45 am today. A new permanent one will be put through my health insurance, hoping they don't charge me $5k for it. ? Called and got my settings emailed to me from the doctor, the pump is reprogrammed and ready to go. Have another call into the doctor asking when I should attach it to my body again, as I took Lantus (long acting insulin) at 9pm last night and that is a 24 hour insulin.

• Baller
@Kimbymon Good to hear you are OK. Did you take a bad fall? Maybe a neoprene mid warp is needed. Over the years lost sunglasses, walkie-talkies, tools, keys, and a ski course, all found. Did lose a fin and wing heading to 1 ball at Ski Paradise Acapulco many years ago. So excited I forgot to tighten down the set screws. Went down faster than a barefoot fall, lucky no harm done.

Ernie Schlager

• Baller

@VONMAN , nope no fall. As far as I can surmise, I lost the insulin pump somewhere between taking it off to put my wetsuit on and putting it in my bag which then went into the boat. At least I think I put it in my bag. I had put the wetsuit on before we even launched the boat to speed up the process as it was a complete cluster f@ck that day with the crew I was with. I don't ski with the pump on as it isn't 100% water proof and is $5k.

I can't imagine losing a fin. My brother one time waxed the bottom of our shared slalom ski. That produced a lot of falls.