What's your lake temp today ?

Andre

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
The Wednesday night crew kicked off our Bow lake season today. Air 65 water 56. Beautiful sunny day a little windy at times but overall good conditions. Finished off the night with dinner of @Rednucleus famous egg casserole my augratin potatoes Ken’s assortment of fruit and 3lbs of bacon and Doug’s bloody Mary’s and topped it all off with homemade bacon maple ice cream. What a great way to start the season! Many more Wednesday’s to ski eat and enjoy each other ‘s company to come?

• Baller
We've been stuck at lake temp of 53 for 2+ weeks. Hoping next week we get the breakthrough and start the warming trend. Ironically I've had the most early season skiing I've ever had this year. Drysuit has been put through the paces.

• Baller
The Wednesday night crew was back at it last night on Big lake minus @Rednucleus ☹️ Going to ski this am and Sunday am also. Have a friend who lives on the lake and let’s us use his dock and this weekend his boat lift also as his boat is in the shop getting a stereo upgrade? super good conditions with water 59 and air in the 70’s for the weekend. Even talked my wife into joining us this am? happy Mother’s Day dear!❤️????

• Baller

Not sure of the water temp here at Deep Creek Lake but it was 20 degrees last night. We usually start skiing on Memorial Day so will go from snow to spray in two weeks. A record at least for me. Here’s a photo from this morning.

gz5q1oz2i1ne.jpeg

• Baller
The Wednesday night crew minus @Rednucleus ☹️ finished up our 7 days in a row of skiing this morning at Big lake. Water 61 air 58 beautiful morning on the lake with just 2 other ski boats and a pair of eagles keeping watch over us. Weather is going to turn to rain this coming week so glad we got to ski this much. Big thanks to my friend Keith for the use of his dock and boat lift? next ski day for the Wednesday night crew is of course Wednesday at our home site Bow lake. What’s for dinner @Rednucleus? Ski you soon!

• Baller
Our lake temp is perfect, but it’s too low to ski. It’s a solid 4 feet below where it should be. We’re in a pretty severe drought right now. We’ve had to go back to public water skiing the river course with the jet skiers and tubers ripping out our buoys every week. With broken boats and more time spent fixing the course than skiing, I’ve skied less this spring than in the past 5 years

• Baller
The Wednesday night crew was at it again with the water temp at Bow lake in the low 60’s and the air temp in the mid 50’s. Rain to start the evening but after the first set no more with a few sun breaks. Really pleasant night to ski. We had our annual seafood boil for dinner topped off with rhubarb ice cream. What a great night spent with great friends! Here is a picture of Doug’s boat with his new sticker and new ski

• Baller
Only 2 of the Wednesday night crew made it to Big lake this morning missed @Rednucleus and Ken so we got my wife to join us?Water low 60’s air 62 very nice til the surfers got on the water☹️ Back again Wednesday morning before we go to Bow lake Wednesday night

• Baller
48F on Ghost lake this past weekend. I went no wetsuit on Ghost in the middle of summer when the lake topped out at about 55-60F until last year when i bit the bullet and got a 4/3 wetsuit for early and late season lol

• Baller
Back at Deep Creek Lake in western MD we have experienced a sharp warming trend. First outing on May 23 water was 54 and the air was 53. No snow for two weeks now. Did fine with a shorty wetsuit. Had some sunny weather and water temp May 25 was 56 and the air hit 70. Today at 8 AM water was 59. It hit 77 in the air today so I’m hoping the water breaks 60 tomorrow.

• Baller
Just finished free skiing Big lake with 2 other members of the Wednesday night crew missed you @Rednucleus water low 60’s air a very nice and welcomed 71. Headed to Bow lake later for our weekly get together and to celebrate Doug’s birthday

• Baller

Our lake is surprisingly warm at 74 in N Illinois. Unfortunately our water level is up about 2 feet over the normal level making for bad rollers and the need to add protection around walk ways and patios down on the water.

Video of how high the water is