What's your lake temp today ?

Andre

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Big lake Wa. Air temp 38 water temp 42. Got the band back together today! @Rednucleus finally joined us for some free skiing. The Wednesday night men’s dinner club skis again! Great to ski with all the guys today. Sunshine, glass water, no other boats on the lake and snow on the foothills above the lake. Next ski date New Year’s Day. That will be skiing every month last year. Great to live in the great PNW!

• Baller
Made it out for some skiing yesterday here in NW Illinois...previous record for latest ski in the year was December 26, so we beat it by one day. Water was in the upper 30's but I was able to ski till I was tired vs. skiing till I was cold for both sets.

• Baller
The Wednesday night crew made it out to Big lake Wa for our annual New Year’s Day ski. Was a balmy 53 air 46 water. Nice to have @Rednucleus back skiing with us! Finished off the afternoon with lunch and beers at the Big Rock. Nice to get a few hours in between the torrential rain we have been having the last week to get some winter skiing in!

• Baller
Pretty cold yesterday. Ski partner and I, both had odd, crap, offside turns. Any science as to what cold water does to offside? I’m thinking toeside smear lessened due to greater density. Is there really that much difference between 80 degree water and 55 degree water? My other theory is muscles being cold, but both of us having the same issues on the same side made me wonder

• Baller

Water 46 air 38 skied Big lake today. Only 2 of the Wednesday night crew made it. Missed you Ken and @Rednucleus. Found a guy standing on a dock by the boat launch and convinced him to join us. He hadn’t skied in years. He was staying in a friends house on the lake. We had an extra drysuit and he found a ski that worked for him in the house. Said he never had so much fun. Doing our part to pass the handle! This was our first February ski because of all the rain and cold weather we have been having here in the PNW. Forecast looks good for next week 999fktx42xx9.jpeg

6cayzs89lb2y.jpeg

• Baller

Lakes all opened up in SE WI....water temp 34...I have never seen it go from solid ice to open so quick...

If it wasn’t such a PIA to drain down the boat every time I would drag the Brendella out...Have drysuit, will ski.

Guess I better order that long block for the Malibu sooner than later....