Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_

We put the club 200 in yesterday. We have the 409 HP engine.

First impressions:

1. It's very fast and a beast out of the hole. Easy does it on the throttle and it's more than enough. There is a point where the boat breaks some part of the plane and it just releases and takes off. Any throttling up beyond a smooth progressive motion to about 5/8 to 3/4 throttle is just wasting gas.

2. The 22 off wake is very good. I think it is even noticeably better than last year's 200.

3. 28 off wake is also very good. It's early season here and I didn't go beyond that, but another club member ran it deep 38 and was happy with it.

4. The air dam to block the open bow walkway made some annoying squeak/chirp sound. That will be less of an issue when it warms up and we take that out. But, some low cost automotive window weather stripping in the air dam channels could/should have been used to dampen that.

5. The Panoray screen is awesome. I did bump the rotary dial/joystick control with my throttle arm when going through some settings and that accidentally selected things I didn't intend. But, I was a bit more careful later and there weren't any further occurrences.

6. Tracking is good.

7. I did not like the turning response to the right. It did not seem to be sharp enough. There was a fair amount of left torque on the rudder and I wonder if that, combined with the usual prop rotation direction, is muting the right turn radius.

8. Probably the most talked about performance aspect of the new boat was how it was "there" for you and really allowed the skier to get acceleration and swing without pulling the boat down and while not being overpowered, either. Smooth and responsive, but not overbearing. Comments from some indicated they felt they were getting more width and a bit easier. I did feel something like this as well. All of us were using C1 without the plus.

9. The fuel gauge did not change as gradually as I would have liked. Instead of slowly dropping a percent or two regularly, it would suddenly change readings about 8%-10%. Minor, but we'll need to pay attention.

Some questions:

1. Several of us thought the boat looked deeper and/or had more freeboard. Since it was supposed to be the same mold, we chalked that perception up to the lack of carpet inside in favor of the SeaDek. Still, the sides seemed higher to step over. Perhaps that is where the previous rumored extra weight originates. Are the side dimensions, in fact, deeper/higher? Did that change when they removed the saddlebag storage?

2. The HydroGate looked different to me. It looked like it had the "fangs" like those on the HydroGate of the new Ski Nautique. But, the Panoray screen did not ask for rope length. If it did have "fangs", this might explain the perceived improvement in wake. Are they using a new style HydroGate on the 200?

Here is a shot. That is @LZywicki1 in the water.

7xio630kcnie.jpg

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.