Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
I'll speculate along with everyone else. My guess is that the Nautique 200 is not intended to compete with the Ski Nautique. Why would Nautique build a new boat that would take sales from its flagship 3 event boat which is also new? On Nautique.com the Nautique 200 is listed as "multi-sport", and it is not listed in the "ski" boat category. The general video has very little emphasis on slalom course skiing, and I don't remember any jumping. On the other hand, the few shots in the video of slalom wake crossings do indicate a reasonably small wake. If it really weighs 400-500 lbs. more than the original 200, it cannot have as nice a slalom wake - unless the new hydrogate is magic (which I doubt).

• Baller
Market position and perception is almost certainly the reason. Probably won't tow any serious events??? So a lot of upper level skiers will probably look to the flagship model anyway, can't wait to see how it skis and here's a question - Would Nate be allowed to break the WR behind it? :) (if it did pull a RC event?)

• Baller

Yeah I’m sure that’s going to fool a lot of people who have never heard of the “Ski” Nautique 200...

@oldjeep what kind of material is your tower made of? Most of these towers are made of extruded aluminum (you have a Malibu, i know for a fact yours is made of that), your tower is well over 100 pounds

• Baller

Thoughts on what this does to the used 200 market?

I'm thinking not much. At 79K it still makes a 55K 2016 seem like a deal at 15K less. Additionally there might be value to having the last of the "non-liner" boats, and with DI motors to boot. Throwing a reverse-mold liner in has to be cheaper/easier than building the floor up by hand as an integral part of the hull. Plus better graphics, non-playpen bow, and saddle bags on the "classic" 200 might all sway someone to go 16/17/18 200.

• Administrators
@slow if I ever posted a weight for the CP it was the weight quoted to me by Centurion. I don't recall what I did say or when I said it but obviously if someone fed me a weight number without an engine that is disingenuous.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I like the boat and the fact that it is listed as a multi sport. The whole storage thing is a little bit misleading tho when most multi sport boats have a lot of storage for that type of family that uses the boat for more than just skiing. $11,000 for the tower? Wow! It is a Roswell style tower, so why not just order it without one and then get a tower from roswell for 1/4 of the price after? Like that the 200 is back at a more affordable price point for sure. Still think regular gauge cluster would be great as well instead of the screen.

$80K retail, but if you want ALL the seat cushions it will cost you another $1600. Isn't that like selling any road vehicle without all the seats. You don't really need them (you COULD just sit on the floor). But if you want them, it is going to cost you !!!

• Baller

I am looking at the options sheet for a 2019 ProStar. Pull-up bow and stern cleats are listed as $480.

Base with no options is $80,950, but if you click big engine and tandem axle trailer and no other option it is $105,240.

The boat with the options I would want (big engine, loaded, but no fancy paint, etc.) is over $120k.

What counts, though, is what you can buy the boat for, not what the fake numbers on the page say, which I doubt is going to be anywhere near $120k.

• Baller

Remember when Water Ski did huge boat tests every year? We should have a Ball of Spray boat test. Pick a neutral site, get new or promo machines and let the BoS readers ski them. Everyone from guys learning to run the course to the crazy-good-shorline guys. Everyone rates the boats on a variety of factors and we tally the results. All scientific-like.

That sounds like so much fun I bet we could charge the skiers and raise money for a charity that we all agree upon.

• Administrators

@jjackkrash I am not going to comment on above prices but if you want the super hookup pre-order a promo boat. You design the boat however you wish, let me or @MarcusBrown or @brooks or your local promo guy use it for a while and then you take delivery with solid discount.

Please I want a 6.2!

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Dacon62 yep that's exactly what I was thinking as I watched the video. They did basically what was planned for the new CP but did it with the 200 Hull . Have an open bow AWSA approved boat that would also appeal to families. Makes sense on many levels and I think this boat will be successful ---the only down side is Centurion-Supreme planned to run a promo program with their 6L ski boat.

• Administrators

@Dacon62 @RAWSki the Carbon Pro program failed on it's own. That is a long story that has been explained here a number of times.

The 200 is the 200. It is no longer available in closed bow, has a new interior and is made in Tennessee but it is a 200. It was a good boat and it still is a good boat but it is not some freaking revolutionary new boat.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Panda Time!? The CP aside, CC saw a need and found a creative way to fill it. Both the Orlando and Merced factories are supposedly at capacity making V-Drive boats so I applaud the company for finding a way to add a second ski boat to their line up. It's always a good thing for ballers to see another DD being produced.

• Administrators
@mbabiash I do not think there are an unusual number of 200s on Ski-It-Again but thanks for sending me other there. I just wasted 45 minutes looking at old boats I would like to own.

Drop a dime in the can

Has anyone skied behind the Nautique 200, yet?

I think that the SN 200 was quite a bit heavier than advertised as others have speculated. It is very near capacity for my 4000# lift with a full tank of gas but that is a pretty imprecise meansurment.

Thanks.

Dan

• Baller
My first year experience with the seadek this year was great. When it gets a little dirty, stick a garden hose in, rinse it out, boat is dry and smells great in an hour, much better than stinky carpet that never drys, especially the part that went under the gas tank in the back. I can see where a minimalist bare fiberglass option could have advantages as well.

• Baller
A group of use will have the opportunity to ski behind when our local dealer receives their first new 200 sometime in mid December. Our group has 30mph 15 off to 34mph 28 off skiers. I will get a short line skier to come out. Thankfully we live in Florida and the water doesn't turn to a solid in December