Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@Wish. Agreed, proven hull, tried and true for 8 years. Much better move than coming out with a new Supreme Carbon Pro hull that would have had zero reputation. Not that they couldn’t have come up with a good product just the proven hull and name behind the 200 should make it a much easier sell.

• Baller_
Wonder which boat will garnish more sales? Or will the 200 be a limited run or only made when ordered. Will dealerships even have them? I know when Supra was on their last years of the comp, you had to order one from a dealer.

• Baller
Just brand the CP hull with the SN brand and call it good. Improve fit and finish, a screen and away we go. a 2800 lb boat with a great wake without any do dads hanging in the water. Doesn't get any better that the CP wake. Same great quality at the MC wake.

• Baller

@D3waterskier I removed the vinyl from the American Skier project engine cover. I really couldn't tell the difference. The engines aren't that loud compared to the exhaust noise. Perhaps an engine that was muffled better might be more noticeable but I was surprised.

It was a lot lighter! And cheaper!

Eric

• Baller

@D3waterskier Of course it looks cheap, the American Skier is a 40 year old boat that has a ZO engine hidden under the naked cover. Maybe cheap isn't the right word - frugal? It is still a project boat. But the American Skier is a different thread...

Eric

• Baller

Only parts that are a bit understated are 2 color gel, the motor box and the inside sides which are bare glass, like the base model TXi.

Find it odd that they wouldn’t put a cut out in there or leave that area more open to allow for some storage.

• Baller
I’m not sure what everyone is so skeptical about. We have pretty much all skied & driven the 200. They aren’t changing the hull, so we know what we’re getting in those categories. If it’s stripped down, that’s exactly what people on this very website have been asking for for years. Even if it still costs $50K new (I think a base 200 in prior years was about $60K) that’s still wayyyyy less than the 2019 Nautique and a good amount less than a MC or Malibu... also personally I prefer the 200 over any of the other boats including the 2019 Nautique

• Baller_

No way it’s coming in at 50k. Looks like a big reason the are farming out is lack of quality workers to hire. Google @Yeargins blog

Probably better to go with proven workers at a proven company then put unskilled workers to test at current factory.

• Baller

@swc5150...so coming in right where the Prostar is I think around $66,995 ready to ski with basic options which for the PS are listed as,

Snap in carpet.

One ski rack.

Bimini.

Cover.

Stereo.

SA trailer.

Does not include dealer prep, shipping, back seats, heaters or fancy floors.

• Baller
@MS I disagree. I believe Bryant to be fully capable of building a quality boat and the 200 has withstood the test of time. Simply Nautique is focusing on Orlando concentrating on the G23 and G25 big money boats Dow which it seems there is a huge market for. At $150-$200k who could blame them. At my level any of the current inboards provide a fantastic pull. I predict that a lot of 200's will be sold if they can keep the price point at $60k or thereabouts. Look on SIA for used 200's. Not many available compared to MC and MA.

• Baller_

@dvskier I agree with u and I was trying to say that. For CC it’s better to go with a proven builder at Bryant then to add more unproven workers at CC.

There are however plenty of 5.3 200s out there and some can be had for pretty good prices. Not that I want a 5.3.

• Baller

I am glad it’s happening. If you can partner to build 200s then why not. Other option would be to expand capacity but often that makes less $ sense than partnering. One concern would of course be canibilization of sales for the new boat. But, Nautique have been at this for a while and I trust they have thought it through.

Think there will be any 200s on the promo team? Plenty of boats are USAWS tested and never see a tournament.

• Baller
From a couple of reliable sources the 200 will NOT be a promo boat of any type. The only promos will be the new closed bow Nautique. This new club 200 will be priced about the same as what was there 18 plus the usual 3 to 5% increase. Maybe a bit more if the new dash is included which I believe it is.

• Baller
Hmmmm no promos? Then why get it AWSA approved? So clubs can use the boat at their site events but then not see the boats at any Regionals or Nationals?? Too bad CC can't produce it at a lower price point perhaps just below the ProStar . But that isn't really Nautique's M O. And why charge less when most skiers will pay more--- they are in the business to make money after all.

With where the price is coming in at for the club 200 it makes me wonder if they are finding out the hard way that the new boat with a cored hull is much more time consuming to make and between that and the added cost that the volume for the new boat just wasn't going to be there.

• Baller
@MS as someone who has served his time on towboat (8 years), we have rejected boats in the past, and if it doesn't meet the standards established by AWSA they will be rejected in the future. It's pretty cut and dried whether you pass or not. What concerns me are the dealers that invested in a $130,000 boat and will be lucky to get $80,000 for one, I know one dealer who has two promos, and has the revenue to sustain the program, but taking losses is not in the game plan.

• Baller
@MS The last one I am aware was MC failing the acceleration test the first year with Catalysts in the exhaust manifolds. I think the resolution was that the standard was relaxed. I know that supreme failed the same test in '93. The 92 Supreme CS was the last Supreme to ever pull a tournament, they dropped out after that, so boats certainly have been failed.