Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The naming nomenclature between the two boats is going to cause endless misunderstandings.

I propose we call them the ”Tennessee 200" and the "Orlando Nautique Ski"

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@JackQ you understand that there are 2 NEW ski boats by Nautique. There is the TOTALLY new "Ski Nautique" and the semi-new "Ski Nautique 200" (basically the old boat with a few new bits and interior).

Are you sure you have 9 rounds behind the 2019 200?

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I was referring to skiing behind 2019 Ski Nautique, the ugly sister. I have never seen the 2019 “200”, not sure if will even see them pull tournaments. I skied it at two tournaments at Lake 38, Palm Bay, WPB, and LaPoint’s.

• Baller
@mbabiash, I’m sure you’ll love it. Just sit in it and pretend like a kid would do. If you’re like me, you still have some “kid” in you. Hey, I noticed you’re from KS. I just left Wichita yesterday. I was there for our Nat’l Sales Meeting with Lubrication Engineers Inc., the Co that I rep. Before leaving the Hyatt yesterday, I went to a cool car show there with hundreds of cars. If/when I’m back out there, maybe I could ski a set with you if you’re anywhere near Wichita.

• Baller_

Pickos is running a new club 200. I tricked behind it a couple days ago.

Have driven a few slalom skiers with the boat.

Out of the box it does what a 200 should do. The rudder tab needed a bit more but overall the 6.0 seems to have more then enough power. 50 mph top speed!

I too prefer a closed bow , am surprised that at least they did not come up with an insert.

Watched Adam P go through his trick runs he seems to adjust between the SN and the 200 easly.

Overall I think Nautique Boats has a home run with the new 200..

• Baller

I like the new 200, but the graphics are a dull. Needs more striping options. I would order mine without graphics and put old school ski nautique graphics on the 200. I am not a fan of the raised letters. I have seen them come off on all brands, and they are crazy expensive to replace.

• Baller

We must remember this isn't aimed squarely at skiers, it's an all rounder and thus the inclusion of an OB to fit a few more people for a day on the lake. You take the saddle bag out and closed bow option and less people will buy it for skiing only, they'll have to spend more and get the true ski boat. Whether anyone can afford to follow that script is another story, but that would be the aim of Nautique. Remember also there'll be plenty of potential buyers who have no idea this hull is/was essentially a tournament ski boat and are now in the market for a family lake boat and will see this now as an attractive option whereas previously wouldn't have considered a Nautique.

@GAJ0004 the dull graphics also are due to the boat being the low end model (albeit a great low end!). The top end get the good graphics, nothing unusual there, another reason to spend more!

• Baller
So Jody, or whomever, what do you reckon is the thinking with CC by certifying both boats for tournament use? Why would they not want the exclusivity of AWSA sanction to be with their Ski Nautique? And do they control the promo folks as to their choice of boats? Inquiring minds would like to know.

• Baller_

@Ihoover, why ask why??

Why does chevy make a Corvette and a monster Camaro?

Nautique has been tournament testing multiple hulls for tournament use for as long as I have been involved.

I remember one year we had sport nautique, ski nautique, ski nautique open bow and A 206 all certified for competition.

I remember one year nautique even had a V-drive certified for record events.

Dont have the beans to pony up for a new 100K Ski nautique well they have an option in the club 200 that is more affordable.

Promos will be ski Nautiques.