Ski club near U of Richmond?

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

This may be the first of several inquiries along these lines!

My daughter is a senior in high school and would like to continue some water skiing while in college. She's a slalom beginner, but she can do the half course and suddenly has gotten very into it in the last couple of seasons.

She's considering the University of Richmond. Anybody know how/where one might ski around there?

I see that Corey is about an hour away in Bumpass. There also was/is a Richmond Water Ski Club, which surprisingly is only slightly closer. Do they still exist?

• Baller
I have spent a fair amount of time at Corey’s place. I can’t say enough good things about the people, coaching and the atmosphere. It’s a chill place to hangout in between sets. Also, both lakes, the one at Corey’s and RWSC, ski great with plenty of set up room at both ends.

• Baller

In addition to RWSC and Peace, Love, and Waterskiing, Sparta, Virginia is also less than an hour north of Richmond. There are 4 private ski lakes within about 5 miles of each other and is where most tournaments are held. Great people up there and I'm sure would be willing to take guests.

Here are two of them:

TimberLake

Lake Holly

Good luck.

Hi all, new to the Richmond area and curious if RWSC is still up, running, and skiing at Loch Cochrane. Willing to drive to a few of the places referenced here, but seeing as Cochrane is 30 min closer than most anything else on this list (and I couldn’t find much else online), I wanted to see what it’s status is. Thanks all!