If not the best ski conditions in the world - the best ski conditions on the world for the money.

Horton

• Administrators

m0lun2a2nbat.jpg

The time has come for me to start seriously talking about selling my current lake house outside of Bakersfield Ca and moving somewhere that is better to raise my daughter. (Schools and such)

Eventually I will write better verbiage - get more pictures and list it on Ski-It-Again and but for now here is my sales pitch.

Ski year round with VERY few windy days and less rain days. Today it is 87 and the lake is a sheet of glass. The water is glass most of the time. Mid November to mid march will have highs on the low 60s most years. The rest of the year is warm or HOT!

The lake is 7 1/2 to 8 feet deep with a RC course. There are 6 lots on the lake. Monday through Friday I currently have the lake to myself most of the time. On the weekends there is rarely a more than a 3 boat rotation.

The house is 3 bedroom, 2 bath plus an office, laundry/workshop and garage. Much of the house has been remodeled in the last 4 years. The house comes with a dock and a lift.

We are firm at $275k

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@Dirt

Sacramento has a hell of a lot of great skiers but it's too cold for me. I guess if you moved I would consider it but as long as you are there I'm moving the other direction.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@bananaron The whole lake is owned by a corp. I own 1/6th or the corp and with that I have rights to my lot. What I am legally selling is my share of the corp and the structure on the lot. (something like that - I am not a lawyer)

Yes we are looking to move somewhere with better schools and some children around. The lakes in Arvin are 30 minutes from town so as a only child Burford Danger is a bit isolated. It is great for me and my wife's office is only 5 minutes away but is not far to Buford.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@Than_Bogan when we do sell we will move somewhere a hell of a lot warmer than Mass. Kim is a organic Agronomist whose formal training is as a entomologist. We will moves somewhere with year round organic farming and water skiing.

We do not really know where and we understand that this whole process might take years. I have this nightmare scenario that we sell the house fast and then it takes her a year or two to find the right job. Staying with her current employer will be the first thing we try for. That is why I was asking about Yuma.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
kids wise we lucked out with our ski lake move . we have a bunch of young kids in the neighborhood. some live on the lake ,some acoss the street. school although not the best , is 5 min away , free lunch and afterschool care. shopping 12 min away , better shopping 25 min away . year round skiing possible , but dont like the chilly much . still in the 80's now though

• Baller
Gilbert AZ has good schools (especially charter schools) and a few ski lakes. There's also Buchli lake with both a house and an empty lot (with just a boat house) for sale in San Tan Valley, which is a growing town. Not sure on the schools down there. Skiing year-round and not really too much hotter in summer than Bakersfield.

• Baller
Boise Idaho. Have about 3 winter months but people were skiing in February last year. I started in March and am still skiing now. Tons of farms, three ski lakes, and thriving right now. Been voted in the top ten places to move for quite a few years now. Great schools and kids as well. Wait.... don’t move here. Ha ha just kidding. It is awesome.

Top rated schools here in Martin County Florida, and great weather for a wide variety of Agriculture. 10 miles from the beach, 35 minutes North of West Palm, 5 lakes with year-round skiing. Stuart was voted Most Beautiful Small Town in America a couple years ago. 2 hours to Miami or Orlando, but still has a small town feel. Water is 81 today. Plenty of lakefront lots from $200k to $400k, but they won't last long. www.pentalago.com

• Baller
Arvin is a nice place to visit , but I wouldn’t want to live there. Glad that you are getting Buford out of here eventually. For the people who haven’t been here , we have some of the best ski conditions in the world , but the worst air quality in our nation. We are basically the arm pit of the San Joaquin Valley. Mountains on three sides of us trap the bad air.