Whisper silence?

JAS

• Baller
For the past 6 months a crazy amount of chatter about Whisper Fin on BOS. Seems like recently has moved to radio silence. Looks like advertising gone as well. Maybe everyone is just out skiing?

• Baller

I think the review might have stifled the talk.

It wasn’t too favorable which really surprised me. I’ve had fantastic results and have heard great results from slow long liners all the way to pro short line skiers. It’s also pretty impressive that there are currently 6 prominent Big Dawg skiers using the whisper fin now.

I know @horton only has a limited amount of time on certain products so I understand but you hate to see a product get stifled due to one persons opinion.

• Baller
I have had my WF for about a month or so. I was really surprised to run my first pass on such a different looking fin. I did have to move boots forward but it felt better every time that I did. HO VTR front boot at 31, fin DFT 1.96. Ran 32off off last week and was pretty easy. I had not done that in 2 years so I am sold.

• Baller_

I've heard there's a BUNCH of BigDawg skiers on it and loving it.

Edit..wooops just read above post. Well, 6 is a bunch. And the BD don't seem to be the kind of guys that would stay on something that is just hohum. Must be somethin there.

• Baller
Set up another friend on one today, he loved it, solved most of the issues he was working on. Only one ball missed after running double passes 22 through 35, this was his first set of the day and better than his typical first set. He is the 6th person I have set up and pulled at my lake, all have bought one or are planning to buy one, nobody disliked,

• Baller

Haha, feel your pain, my wife is the same. She hates changes to her equipment.

She struggled lately on her ‘18 GT and I put my WF on her ski to spruce things up a bit.

End of the story - She skis way better now and I won’t get my fin back anytime soon. :D

• Baller
FWIW at the Radar Nation day at McClintock's ski school. Jmac, his head instructor Andrew Bergman and the top student skier Jamie Calhoun (currently skiing at the U21 world championships) were all speaking very positively about the fin.

• Baller
On a 19 Vapor. Was running the suggested “nimble” numbers. What a wild ride. Now running the more “supportive” numbers and loving the progress. Really smoothed things out for me until I make enough gains to start tweaking numbers again

• Baller
Double wing with front wing mounted parallel to ski bottom provides just a tiny bit of extra tail support if you're on the big end of the weight spectrum for your ski. I used @SkiJay double wing setup on my 69.5" Vapor Pro at 255lbs skiing 34 mph. It really helped. I found it easier to move up on the ski in the preturn. It widened the performance envelope of the ski for me and made the ski more forgiving.

• Baller
@mbabiash - I tried it recently. Overall I liked it. The only issue was too much smear on my good side at 35 and 38. Perhaps it could be tuned out, but I buddy has it now and he's really liking it. He's on a NRG and is starting to run 28's with some regularity.

• Baller
@musclefixer I had been on the CG for over a year and bought a WF last summer to try out. Went back to the CG after 5 or 6 sets. I may have been able to get it to work better had I keep tinkering with it but the CG was simply much more user friendly for me (other skier results may vary). My offside was better with the WF but my onside was horrible. I ski way more consistent on the CG. Hope this helps.