2020 Radar Senate Pro

ROBOT

• Baller

@UWSkier Support is definitely not an issue. I feel like I'm working less on the 67 than the 69. I'm able to keep it on edge through the wakes better. Deep water starts are no more work either.

I absolutely Love this ski. Yesterday's 1st ever -32 full pass at Eden Ski Lake was not a fluke. I skied at The Boarding School today with Freddie and improved my score. Straight up the line -15, -22, -28, -32 to 1@ -35. I finished with a new PB of 2@-35 32.3mph.

I have a 2019 69" Senate Pro for sale.

• Baller
I ski on Goode XTR but would like to try Senate Pro. My best tournament score this year is one-half at 28 off. My top speed is 30mph. I weigh 145. Need to ski 22 off consistently. Would prefer 66 inch but 65 or 67 inch is only choice. I would appreciate suggestions on which length would be best for me. Thanks.

• Baller
@coach3 I think it depends on how much speed you create before the first wake the wider senate is easier to create speed that could help some skier s hurt others, the vapor also shuts down faster so again it depends on what the skiers needs the ski must help the skier. their always give and take.

• Baller
@FoggyNogginz If your weight is stable, I'd go with a 69 or a 71 depending upon what you want to do. If you are never going to go faster than 32 a 71 would be OK. Easier getups and stability. If you plan to clear 32, bump up to 34 and start running shorter line, I'd suggest a 69.

• Baller
Moved from a 2017 Senate Lithium to the 2020 Senate Pro. Wow does this ski create speed and space easily. Definitely an upgrade and very easy to ski on as the other senates. I’m a 22 off 32 mph skier, sometimes I get into 28, and I can tell with the speed this ski creates that I’ll make some 28 off passes this year.

• Baller

Digging up an older thread. Would like some thoughts.

I've been skiing on a 2018 67" Vapor Pro Build as of late. The ski is on "indefinite loan" to me, but I think it's a little too high level of a ski for my ability. I free ski at 32 up and down the rope, and am struggling to turn 6 in the course, especially after my broken ankle this spring. I made it a few times last year on an older HO CX Cross, -15/28.6.

I need to slow down to 28.6 in the course to start getting rhythm and technique nailed down, but the Vapor wants to run faster, obviously. At 32 or 34, I love the Vapor. It's a hot rod.

Considering a 2020/2021 Senate Pro. I've heard nothing but good about them, for both open water and course skiing. I do 50/50. Will there be a noticeable difference and will the Senate be more comfortable at slower speeds? Think it's worth the purchase price to "downgrade" to a Senate from a Vapor? Will I be a happier skier with a little more ski under me?

Next question. I'm 5'8", 170lbs. The 65" Senate is "up to 170 lbs" ... do I get the 65" or 67"? Will the 65" Senate still feel more stable than a 67" Vapor?

For what it's worth, I've tried a 67" Connelly V and a 67" Katana for some slower skiing, trying to work on technique and turning buoys, and I just can't ski them well. Maybe I'm past the point of "beginner skis" and have spoiled myself with lightweight, carbon skis.

Your $0.02 are appreciated.

• Baller

@Mastercrafter

67 Senate good 160-200 lbs. You have been on a 67 Vapor.

Would stick with the 67 as you mentioned you will be skiing at slower speeds.

Have skied both the 20 Senate and Vapor and preferred the Senate for my level. 32mph 15-28off. 185 lbs.

With both skis set to factory setting the Senate is less draggy and easier to ski longer.

It will be the perfect ski for the type of skiing you described.

• Baller
@Mastercrafter Similar situation as both you and @Dacon62 I range from 170-180 lbs, 5'10", ski 32mph 22-28' off. Been on Vapor and Senate shapes, and the 67 Senate is the better ski for me. More support, less fatigue, no downside. Get that speed up, you'll find it easier to get across the course. I can't comment on PROBUILD, but I've skied Alloy, Graphite and Lithium versions. Currently on a Lithium Senate.