Thinking of release binding

KRoundy

• Baller

@EFW you have an older MOB mounting plate that has the old HO Exo slots which evidently fits the old Connelly Fogman inserts too. Since those skis are no longer made with those inserts, the new mounting plates have a different set of slots. The new slots fit the standard trick ski pattern or can be ordered with the new D3 insert pattern. I can still make those old insert pattern plates also if someone needs them.

I like your boot setup, I used double Roxa boots on the mob release for several years. Which buckles are those? They look interesting.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

@mmosley899 Mike I actually don't know the make of the buckles. I'll show you a picture of the logo. My neighbor owns a snow ski shop and just showed up one day and threw me a lunch bag full of these buckles. They work great - you cannot tighten them though. Some of the more modern buckles they have a degree of tension setting on them that you can adjust . These do not. I left a message he'll get back to me with who makes those. Yes the Roxa boots are the ones I was telling you we're available in Finland. Hard to believe I can order things and have them at my house in five days from Finland. I took your advice and added the quarter inch heel lift. They skied better. Once you cut the skate blades off the bottom you have a really thick sole to work with. Very rugged. Those are intuition liners with all the fuzzy stuff stripped off. If you can find liners that feel more like rubber bindings than these you better buy them. You have one feature on your releases that I don't think more people are aware of and that is that all you have to do is hit the releases in the water and you can step right out of the ski in your boots and never have to take your feet out of them.ducai7xbh0ta.jpg

My wife thought that was really cool. One of the last things I want to do in coldwater is hold my breath and unbuckle. I think that's a really cool feature.

• Baller
Hey KRoundy, get well soon! I’m 50 190, long term double boot guy who had double reflex hard shells like T Winter had a year or so ago. It was working well. I Never released one without the other. Great control but Rossi saw my set up and suggested a change to something that wasn’t dragging so much water slowing things down in back. Parsons didn’t like the distance of my rear binding to the heel of my front binding. So I moved to an R Style Reflex back foot. As close together as possible. I was worried things would not release at the same time and worried because previous attempts to go back to a RTP ended terribly. I am very pleased I made the change. Not hard at all getting used to the R Style. I am super grateful to these pros and their willingness to help a scrub like me. I was banging away struggling at 32 off and am now a full pass better with 3@35 in my last tournament. Like you, it also helped to drop some lbs. What a great life and sport we have to be thinking about this stuff. Happy Thanksgiving!

I remember a few years ago my brother in law brought a friend on the boat who used to be a collegiate skier in the states (from Canada). He had told me and my brother in law that him and all of his teammates used to buy good, strong velcro and velcro their boots to the ski. This way the boots would release when you take a hard spill, much like a releasable binding such as a Reflex. Has anyone else tried this? I haven't, but am curious.

• Baller

@TB29 Goode powershell works that way. It's usual 3m dual lock not velcro

Not a great release, the material needs regular replacement. When you eject you need to climb out and use a mallet to reattach the material. If it doesn't get fully engaged you risk bad prerelease.

You also need to figure out how much to use, too much and you might as well not have one too little and you'll prerelease.