Boat Show Season

skiermanbrad

• Baller
@Rednucleus i received a similar response a couple years ago. Really wanted to see the new design a couple years ago in person. I always believed Malibu's were the best valued 3 event ski boat out here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed ( but not holding my breathe) i will see one next week! :)

• Baller
Like MuskokaKy, definitely looking forward to the Toronto Boat Show! As well, looking forward to seeing the J Crafts again....such a classic style and boat. If I could have 2 ski boats it would be a traditional DD and a J Craft!

• Baller

@motoxr good point on the J-Craft! it was the best surprise ever last year! @horton started a thread about outboards a little while back and the first thing i thought was was the new"ish" J-Craft.

@swc5150 well that gives me a little more hope now. When is your guys boat show? I have always been a fan ( although have MC) but i still haven't seen the new design in person :(

• Baller
If you think about it 10 years ago there were only 4 approved ski boats and you rarely saw more than 2 at a show. Entering the new decade we still have 4 approved boats, prices have increased a bit but at least we have choices and good ones at that!

• Baller
@jjackkrash Nautique usually brings 2 ski boats to the show, one closed bow and one open bow. Mastercraft had a ski boat there in past years but not last year. Malibu hasn’t had one there since I have been going to the show. Hoping you are right and will get to see one from each of the big three. Kind of tired of looking at surf boats that hold more ballast then my boat weighs!?

• Baller

MuskokaKy, indeed , I loved the outboard thread that was posted. Those 2 J Crafts looked amazing. I heard they were switching from Yamaha to Mercury or Evinrude so that they could at least provide GPS speed control for 2020....if only I had lots of money.

What lake are you on? I'm on Raven Lake, up by Dorset.

• Baller
@jjackkrash and @Rednucleus totally forgot about the Mastercraft from last year. Sorry I can’t even remember what I had for dinner tonight?. Will pay more attention this year and try not to enjoy myself so much at the Pyramid Alehouse. Maybe we will see you at the show. The Wednesday night crew will be there on January 29.

• Baller
@KRoundy the Wednesday night crew goes to the boat show every year. We meet up at @Rednucleus for breakfast and Bloody Mary’s .He makes a killer egg casserole! Then we head to the show and get there when it opens at 11. We look around at everything and talk to everyone and later in the afternoon head to the Pyramid Alehouse for beers and lunch. We return to the show for a final walk thru and head home. One of the best days of the year spending the day with three of my best friends and ski partners! If you want to join us contact @Rednucleus or watch for us at the show Wednesday January 29. We will be the four old guys ( all 60 plus) walking around aimlessly looking for the ski boats. Maybe we could start a annual PNW ballers get together

• Baller
1993 Stars and Stripe Mastercraft at Portland Boat Show. Nice Restoration. Ironic is that Sammy Duval was at the top of 3 event skiing and Eric Perez was a surfer that led the new generation of Skurfers, kneeboarders, and wakeboarders. Sort of a turning point in our sport. Oh by the way there were 10-12 skis at the show and a few pair of gloves.

• Baller
DirectDrives are low enough that humans can see inside the things without needing to climb a ladder. I'm 6'5" and can reach the floor of my Malibu when it's on the trailer standing flat-footed. I can't see into a 20' Wakesetter when it's on a trailer.

• Baller
The only tournament ski boat in Atlanta is the Ski Nautique. Mastercraft and Malibu only brought Wakeboard Boats. WaterSports Central is on board with promoting the ski boat, the ski industry, and WaterSports in general. They even have something they promote called Ladies on the Lake.

• Baller

No Ski Boats at the Cincinnati Boat Show today. A rack of water skis was the only salute to water skiers. How 'bout a ride down the river behind this monster?! I can remember assembling a pontoon boat out of 55 gallon oil drums and some plywood. Times have changed18ll412p3f6w7.jpg

wfieeih1o1ny.jpg