November Roll Call - Who is skiing?

Horton

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
This is the latest I've ski'd. I'm south of Atlanta (30 mi) and water temp is still tolerable with a wetsuit. I plan to ski today and again mid-week; then next week in preparation for LK 38's Ski, Freeze, or Die tournament in Quincy, FL. That's a very fun event; very laid back.

• Baller
Made it out today for my first ever November sets here in KY. We had snow at this time last year. Today was near 80 air with water estimated in the low 50s...not bad with a full suit. Hope to get one more set in tomorrow. This weather is amazing!!

• Baller
Last ski of the year here in northern Vermont. 11/11 by far the latest we have skied in some time. Course has been out for 3 weeks, but its been fun just making turns across the whole lake! We were the only boat! Water 40's air 60's. Air goes to 40 and 30's starting tomorrow.

• Baller

ETA kept us out of the water all this week, but today was great. I’m beginning to think the water temp sensor on our Prostar is a bit on the optimistic side however. But that’s fine by us. We need that psychological edge in the middle of November, even in central FL.

ebu35pfx1mvm.jpeg

• Baller

Thanks for the great pictures @MitchellM

It was a great weekend for Jodi Fisher's 1st tournament.... Wrapped Roots. Talk about growing the sport.... We had over 30 skiers, including about a dozen grass roots skiers starting at 5 y/o skiing in their 1st tournament. Awards given out to all classes. Many new skiers that are motivated and will be back. Jodi is hoping to continue with similar spring and fall tournaments yearly. Hurricane Eta cleared through just in time to leave some great weather for the weekend behind it....

ps5w1jpgpwp2.png

• Baller

@ScottScott I agree that Jodi's event was a success. Fantastic weather and participants of all ages and abilities. This truly is a great way to grow the sport and Jodi was a great host. I hope he does more of these. Fun for me to meet so many new people.

The response to the photos has been great. Did you catch the few of you I grabbed in the second round from the boat?

111420-222-X3.jpg