December roll call Who is still skiing?

cougfan

• Baller

To move this thread into the new month 3/4 of the Wednesday night crew minus @Rednucleus skied Big lake today with water 42 and air 46 conditions were perfect even saw a bald eagle as we were getting ready to ski. Water was nice enough for Doug to do some long line footin. Another great day spent on the lake skiing with your best friends!k2ar6rvppd4g.jpeg

av049oa28mqh.jpeg

4bglnoupaa3t.jpeg

k9nsuo7400wq.jpeg

ki9sg6n1ir7y.jpeg

iily5qdtj0hf.jpeg

konkn7xrjffc.jpeg

afnunc8gbxe6.jpeg

cthez959p4bd.jpeg

2wb9rzswf0ib.jpeg

bok9s77i86iu.jpeg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@Gloersen I will see your panda and raise you a lake Curlew panda? as long as we have our drysuits a boat with a heater and hot water shower the Wednesday night crew will keep on skiing! Winter skiing on a cold but sunny day with the water like glass is one of our favorite times to ski05ay6n644gok.jpeg

• Baller
@Rednucleus couldn’t agree more with you on the cold toes and feet issue. Better to ski in a cold climate and climb back into the boat with all your fingers and toes still connected than to ski in the warm alligator infested waters of Florida and wonder if you will be able to grip the handle the next time you ski? you can always warm your fingers and toes up with a hot water shower? Skiing in Florida it would be questionable if you would have all of them at the end of your set?

• Baller

Still shredding (or trying) on Kitsap Lake, WA. As my 4 year-old said when I was complaining about cold hands; 'Dad, it's easier to rip it, than grip it!'. We've been out a few times, Saturday was the coldest with lake at 46, air at 32....Pretty morning though, as long as you look past the poor line-management in the turn!

auraqw6yp6hn.jpg

vbwtgzgneoja.jpg

• Baller
@KKelly What a great lake to have a place on! Lucky you and I am envious! For a time I was skiing there with some frequency with Larry and Steve, who I assume you know. Then I gravitated to Lake Weir for the past two seasons as I had a more predictable skiing opportunity so it was easier to schedule our ski days. Once we got our own boat (last August) we continued ski Lake Weir mainly out of habit, but also because the ramps and parking are first class, plus there are a couple of lakeside restaurants that are nice on occasion. As you know, the ramps at Santa Fe Lake Park are not nearly as good for a DD boat. But Santa Fe is a such beautiful, uncrowded lake so we finally took our new boat there the other day and skied with Steve. We enjoyed being back so much we decided we need to ski there more often. Plus, it's a shorter haul for us (50 minutes vs. 1:05). So I guess the answer to your question is: not often enough, but probably more in the future. How often do you ski? Are your skiing through the winter?

• Baller

@Cnewbert I am not skiing this winter. I ski occasionally behind my old Glastron C-500 or with a cousin who has an old Nautique. I ski so little its like starting over every time I ski.

I hope to start skiing frequently in the spring. What does your boat look like? If I'm out at the lake and see you skiing this winter I will wave you down and introduce myself.

Kevin

• Baller
Skiing today? Fogget about it! Perfect conditions... almost. Glass smooth 62° water, air in the lower 60s, just a couple of fishing boat trailers in the parking lot indicating no other boat wakes to blemish the surface ... but dense fog blanketed the lake and reduced the vis to just 2-3 boat lengths. We squeezed in a few runs when the fog momentarily thinned at one point and we could safely see where we were going. But then it returned with a vengeance, leaving us to sit around and wait for it to clear while salivating over the mirror-like water around us. We finally gave up and crept through the gray murk back to the ramp by GPS, only to have the fog lift as soon as we hauled the boat out. Of course! But by then the Sunday morning crowds started arriving and the day was shot anyhow. Oh well!