December roll call Who is still skiing?

cougfan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@cougfan that was originally the idea, but I didn’t look that Grimy, so more likely I was @dchristman ’s suggestion, either Poseidon or Than Bogan...

I was a bit cold yesterday afternoon and the suit was not completely dry... hence the poncho while waiting for my turn to come.

By the way, Skied 5 sets this weekend.

• Baller
@DavidN I wish heater tops were all we would need! It’s been drysuit weather for the last 2 months up in the PNW. Colder weather moving in and the first snowfall of the year last night. Going to try to ski tomorrow after work if things work out

• Baller
This morning was a special Christmas Eve Eve gift! Air in the upper 60s, water around 62° and sheer GLASS!! Tomorrow things go downhill with increasingly strong wind and Xmas will bring below freezing temps to central FL. But today was perfect... a skier’s dream! Thanks Santa and Merry Christmas to all!

• Baller

3/4 of the Wednesday night crew skied Big lake this Christmas Eve afternoon minus @Rednucleus who is recovering from hernia surgery.

Air 38 water 42 perfect skiing conditions with the sun out.

Probably the last ski of the year as the weather is turning to rain for the next week☹️. Hope to start the New Year our right with a ski on New Year’s Day Merry Christmas to all hm1ipxoktiv6.jpeg

• Baller

@Rednucleus waters about 43 deg

And is tolerable in the black tec I also have a heater top over my full suit.

I’m quite comfortable for 6 passes, stoping at both ends. Since I started wearing this my dry suit has been on the hanger.

My hands give out before anything else.

One more skiable day left on Monday for the year.

Happy new year

• Baller

Took a set this morning in memoriam of my son Tim who would have turned 24 today.

Our little ripper passed away about 9 years ago and is dearly missed by so many. He loved all kinds of water sports, could ride anything, enjoyed being out on the boat with us and was obsessed with his vast collection of Lego.

He learned to run the course in 2008 (or ‘09?) at Swiss with Patrice in the boat swerving like crazy and yelling “tuurn” through his whole set. He was so proud!

He was an excellent spotter and could dock the boat like no one else.

Hope he found a spot in heaven where the sun always shines and the water is always glassy and warm. ❤️

bnjme4w7z0tg.jpeg

• Baller
@DavidN it just isn’t right that a parent should have to bury their child☹️ So sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a super kid! Happy though that U have so many great memories of him. Not to get too religious here but here is one of my favorite verses from the Bible for this occasion “May the peace of God which surpasses all understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” St. Paul

• Baller
Two recent below freezing nights dropped our lake water to 58˚ this morning. But conditions were great and my wife and I were in O'Neal Fluid Neo drysuits keeping us so warm and cozy it was fun just floating around in the water to rest and relax between passes with nary a goosebump to show for it. Tomorrow will be windy so looks like that's it for us until next year!