Has anyone experienced "aging" effects on Perfect Pass mechanical components in an older boat ?

swbca

• Baller_

I am going to upgrade Perfect Pass and add Star Gazer in a 2004 ProStar-TT that is "new" to me. I can use the current Servo and mechanical linkages and save about $400. We have all experienced the effects of aging on steering or throttle linkages. Do PP mechanicals get old, sticky, sloppy (or other problems) with 16 years of use ?

I know the current PP mechanical parts work, but I only used the boat 1 day before putting it in winter storage. I don't know if they work well.

• Baller
I upgraded my 2005 6 or 7 years ago without changing the servo or linkages. We use PP close to every day during the summer and still going strong. Having said that might be wise insurance to spend the $400 and keep the parts in a box until the day you need it. Cause you know when it fails the lake will be glass and you’ll have at least 4 skiers waiting to go!

• Baller

My parents have a 04 MC with all original PP components, still works great.

I am not sure on the age of my PP components, when I bought the boat it had been filled with water (left in the rain without a waterproof cover), I had to replace steering cable and many other pieces that had been submerged (they left the plug in, in the rain). PP components work great.