2014 5.7L Ski Nautique 200

LK_skier

• Baller

Hi all

Looking at a used 200. I slalom 80% of the time but during winter we do some barefoot. Does anyone have experience trying to foot with this type of boat? I mostly go off the short rope off the bar. Can you get learner bars for these boats? I assume you can. And is the chine ? Spray affect being able to foot from the bar? And will the 5.7 push it along enough to carry me at 40mph. Cheers. Ps. I’m a very social barefooted so I know this boat won’t be great at it. As long as it is doable

• Baller
This boat will work for footin on the boom and booms are available for this boat.Plus you can get an extension for the boom to get you further from the boat.And you don't have to go 40 mph to foot.I think almost most DD boats work for footin when you use a boom.Good luck have fun.......I will bring the boom,suit and rope and we can boom all day long.

• Baller
Can boom anything. If chine is an issue move passengers starboard or port for desired effect and as @bananaron says can get an extension if really an issue. I prefer the larger motors in that boat for a variety of reasons...but if you found a gem in the used market maybe it's right for you.

• Baller_
@LK_skier - the 200 does have a wider whitewater pattern compared to previous models of boats. I suggest you search for video evidence, and end course video's to get an idea of the chine spray you can expect. Good luck shopping, the 200 is an excellent boat.

• Baller
I've had a 2014 in the past with a 5.7 and it worked fine with the boom. The only time we had spray hitting us was on the deep water starts when the boat is at low speed during its time that it takes for the boat to plane off; just turn your head a bit and you're fine. Unless you weigh 210 or more, I would try getting the boat speed down to about 37-38 mph. I weigh 197-200 and I can go as slow as 36 but 37-38 is the sweet spot.

• Members
We had that specification a boat ago, have a neighbor that footed behind it all the time. He used a long line and usually deep water started. It was never a problem. I ran him at 38 most of the time.