February who is skiing now?

cougfan

• Baller

Since no one else has started a skiing In February thread here goes.

1/2 of the Wednesday night crew free skied and barefooted Big lake today(no Ken or @Rednucleus ☹️) air 46 water 40 sun was shinning a few clouds and no wind made for pretty good water conditions. Skied 4 sets while Doug footed once and skied once. Had the lake to ourselves if u can believe that? finally got a one day break in the weather supposed to be nasty the next week or so.

Doug just received his brand new custom made footin suit that he got to try out don’t know if the pics show it clearly enough but he has his business logo printed on the back “Lemley Chapel” and his name plate on the front says “the footin mortician” yes he owns a funeral home

Stay tuned for more of the adventures of the Wednesday night crew

Hopefully we will be back at full strength soon just not the same skiing without the the others5sytfsz3703g.jpeg

padpwqk6njbe.jpeg

03y3c3i02fiz.jpeg

obxqay32yabx.jpeg

y87htw5pckib.jpeg

i9mou5sk0yz3.jpeg

1akfehh8vwju.jpeg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
We got a set in today. Was calm and overcast (Air 49, water 45) when we committed, but a solid heavy mist when we got going. Still calm though! First day this winter in a dry suit, I'd forgotten how wonderful those are. Great way to end a long week!

• Baller
@gschorr up here in the PNW drysuits, hot water showers and boat heaters are a must! The Wednesday night crew doesn’t ski without them ? the weather for next week looks iffy but there is a chance we might be able to ski in between the rain and snow that is forecast☹️

• Baller

We had our coldest night of the season last Thursday, dropping to 26° in many surrounding communities. Mild winter temps for many, but we’re in Central FL where everyone thought the world was ending

with all molecular motion coming to a stop. Friday morning the air was still, water conditions were glassy perfection and the air had warmed into the low 50s by 10am. Properly armed with our drysuits, my wife and I enjoyed yet another winter ski day in total cozy comfort and our public lake all to ourselves. We’re hooked on winter skiing.

• Baller

@cougfan, I agree dry suits, showers and heaters are nice, but having skied in the PNW since '87 mostly without them, they're definitely not a must! I admit I'm generally pretty cheap, so when the seals of my suit needed to be replaced, I punted and didn't fix them for years (opting instead for a 3/2 wetsuit)..

Heater and shower would be great, but we make do with thermoses of hot water that we can pour over skiers hands/head when they stop to shorten line or take a break, or heat back up when done. Not elegant, but it works!

Hope to find a way to ski with you and the Wednesday night crew sometime. In the meantime, enjoy!

• Baller
Big day today! The water warmed to 66˚and both my wife and I graduated from our O'Neill Fluid Neo drysuits, which kept us in the water these past couple of months, to our Camaros. Spring is in the air! But our Fluid Neos were the best money we ever spent, as neither one of us has even the slightest tolerance to cold. These suits made the difference between skiing -- in absolute comfort no less -- or sitting at home staring at our Prostar wishing we were skiing. I think O'Neill's marketing department missed the boat with the name, however. They should have called them the Endless Summer suits, as we stayed just as warm in them as we would be in skiing in summer.

• Baller
No skiing for us up here in the PNW for awhile. Air temps in the upper 20’s with snow☹️ and rain in the forecast for the next week. Maybe by the end of next week the weather will cooperate and we can get back on the water. For now all I can do is read about all the Florida ballers skiing in shorts and rash guards☹️ and only dream of warm weather

• Baller
@skialex those pictures bring a smile to my face ? nice to see you get some of the weather that we have been having? hopefully our winter weather is on it’s way out. Now you can read about all the Florida ballers skiing in 70 degree water and 80 degree air temp ?

• Baller_
I also made it up to HT today - my 1st Feb set and proud to announce I have skied 36 consecutive months in WA now. Water 43; tingly to numb toes by end of set, but so much better than being at work. Lovely sunny afternoon and same or better predicted for next Wed. BTW @Bruce_Butterfield someone was nice enough to shovel paths in the snow so we didn't have frozen toes until we got in the water!