cougfan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
4 sets this week and managed 12 passes on the 4th set. So lucky to live in central Florida now, but do remember the days of dry suits and ice cold water back in Indiana. Even though it was frigid, still loved it! You guys up North are tough!

• Baller
@Stathis Ventouris if this post was from @skialex he would be getting his fourth lake Curlew panda but I will give you a pass ? our weather is supposed to warm up to 50 tomorrow so 3 out of the 4 Wednesday night crew will be skiing lake Goodwin (no Ken☹️) looking forward to the first ski of March plus @Rednucleus wife is going to make us dinner ? can’t get better than that. Will post pics of our adventure later this week

• Baller_

Bumping this one for February 2022

Got my 1st February ski in - a lovely 86 degrees at Hilltop (43/43). Today was a big one for me as I have now skied at least one day a month for the past 60 months. Tomorrow is supposed to be another pretty good day. I am trying some new winter gloves - I will say today is the warmest my hands have ever been in many years of winter skiing. I will wait to say more after I get a few more sets on them.

• Baller_
@RAWSki LOL; I have found over the last 5 years that skiing year round, even just once every 2 weeks depending on weather, keeps my ski muscle memory semi-intact. At 63 my old bones are usually able to do 2 sets/day in winter, and by May I am in better ski shape now than I was at 50 in July after taking winter off. "A body in motion stays in motion; a body at rest creaks".

• Baller
Just got out for the first time in weeks yesterday, as we've had a stretch of crappy ski weather where we live here in Central Florida. I had to scrape ice off the windshield of my truck 2 days ago. But yesterday, a day later, the air got up to 71˚under sunny skies, though the water had dropped in our recent cold spell to a winter low of 58.6˚since our last time out in mid January. So it was O'Neill Fluid Neo drysuits to the rescue for my wife and I, and we skied in complete comfort.