Rear Reflex boot - is this normal?

KRoundy

• Baller

It should look like the pictures below, I am guessing the tab has been bent when putting the liner in, I would either try to straighten it using a heat gun and be careful fitting the liner or cut it off like the white cuff, either way it is no use the way it is.

pgqstgaymdmn.jpg

t219cqp0fchb.jpg

• Baller

Have had the same problem last couple weeks. Need to take a knife or screw driver(flat head) and bend it back inside the cuff. I've been thinking of cutting it off also!

• Baller_
Make sure it stays up when you put your liner in. Some folks use a shoe horn. It’s function is to prevent the cuff from getting caught on the bottom shell and getting stuck in a cocked forward position, like your second picture above. If it’s in the proper position, that won’t happen.

Lpskier

• Baller
Straighten it, don’t cut it off, it will change the release characteristics.. white cuff has a belt attached connecting it to the lower shell limiting the forward movement. The tongue does that on the black shell.

• Baller

Options:

1- it is defective. Return it under warranty. I don't think you'll be able to bend it back and have it retain it's original molded shape.

2- cut it off and live with it. You can't make it function as new and it will just become an annoyance. My opinion is it serves no critical purpose. The boot already has the strap to limit forward flex. Even if it didn't have the strap, the sides of the lower boot above the rivets limit the forward flex more than that flap of plastic possibly could.

3- Live with it stuck like that. It's kind of a fortuitous "Adam-ization" of the boot to fix the cuff in a forward flexed position. It might help!

• Baller
To be clear, it is the boot of a friend I ski with often. I’ve told him what has been said here and he’s going to work on it before deciding what to do. I’d probably return it if it were me, but it is his decision. I’ll let you all know what happens.