KOHEN Hollow Body plates available for “testing”

Brewski

• Baller_
@Brewski - can you define what you mean by available for testing? The description implies simply an item for sale at a given price. Is there some expectation from the customer?

• Baller
@DW they are well tested. Just a CMA as they were part of an HO project that someone dropped the ball on, now using this design as their own. Waterski companies and some skiers seem crazy to sue or threaten to sue about everything. These are legit.

• Baller

Without any doubts,nice workmanship...but 375$ for a hollow plate seems steep.

Is there any benefits other then weightloss? (wich most not be a lot i think ?)

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
The hollow plates allow the true flex pattern of the ski. The foot is also closer to the ski for better control and feel. Yup they were expensive to make. Major machining. Hopefully the “big dawgs” choke on their own vomit for cheating me and others like me…..

• Baller
Andy and I were going to put these on his skis. Period. It was all in the works when……….and I have been way to busy with the Olympic Speed Skates to take them to market or “the next step” and look at what you guys are paying for a fins that costs next to nothing to machine. These are “at cost” my friends……

• Baller

I'm a mid 35 off skier.

According to another thread,375$ would get me 3 half hour session with coaching from Wade Cox.

I just don't see the ''major machining '' in those .Only a couples of minutes on good CNC .

I do see the ''major craftmanship in your skating boots ,just not on those hollow plates.

Good luck!

It is shitty to be copy by others,guess you didn't patent those hollow plates?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

CNC machines are free~!

Auto cad programs are free~!

Bits for CNC are free~!

Programming is free~!

De-burr free~!

De-burr tools free~!

Surface and polish both sides free~!

Rubber mat cut glued and machined to bottom free~!

Shop rent is free~!

Electricity is free.~!

Running water and sewer is free~!

Plate materials for free~!

Time invested in Proto typing materials engineering reengineering re-Proto typing zero hours fell out of my butt

A million hrs back and forth with fake engineers at major ski company…….priceless.

lps1wvrfmiae.jpeg

sfdu57c8f7xz.jpeg

suw2g0cdfanu.jpeg

• Baller

@Brewski It seems like you hate, or at least distrust, pretty much all waterskiers . I suggest you stick with the short track crowd in business and ski for your own enjoyment.

Those plates look great, but are solving a problem that doesn't exist.

• Baller
No hate just fun. These i did for Fun and I do keep skiing fun not work. That’s precisely why I did these. And they do solve many many issues but if you don’t test them you will never know….. $7500 for 18 plates cut. My cost That was the first round. Sure they would have been cheaper on down the line but again. I ate the programming and tooling fees when i came up with the numbers. These are @ my cost just clearing out all old shop stuff…..

• Baller
Those aluminum plates look nice on the Maha. I remember an article in WSM and maybe an interview during one of the pro tour TV broadcasts with Andy Mapple describing his hollowed out plates that allowed his feet to feel the ski. Recently I read somewhere that the G10 plates tested stiffer, more restrictive to ski flex than aluminum plates.

• Baller
@ALPJr you get “it” The G10x chattered Aluminum did not. Titanium was 280 for the plate before machining. Never made it to machining. That was the ultimate goal: testing the titanium. Made a huge difference in skate feel and performance…..ask Apolo Anton Ohno. He gets “it” too….