Ford Mustang Convertible and slalom skis

Killer

• Baller

Booking a ski trip and I've been offered a new Mustang convertible for the week. How can I pass that up??

My question is always when traveling A. How and Where can I Ski - confirmed.

But in this case B. Will I be able to fit my ski in the back of this rag top? Will the seats fold down? And C. Will there be enough room for my empty sport tube and a suitcase?

• Baller

Come on... you can always fit the skis between the car seats, with the tails laying next to passenger’s feet.

I used to drive 100km in a Smart with a passenger, 3 skis and all our gear for a whole year...

Traveling in style is fun... you are not buying the car...

Just don’t leave the skis in when parked ?

• Baller
We once rented a "subcompact sedan", turned out to be a 4 door pontiac sunfire........the rental company for some reason had removed the release gizmo to fold down the back seat.........the ski fits in the back seat but not very easily. Sport tubes usually have to be emptied and condensed to fit in most any car is my experience.

• Baller

@skihacker ya been there before. I now stick to well reputed rental agencies who have the cars in terminal and whom I'm a loyalty member with so you just show up and go to the car in the lot.

nobody have a new mustang rag top that skis?

• Baller

We carry two-three skis and gear to tournaments in a Saab convertible no problem. Lay down the back seat tails go into the trunk and tips fit behind the front seats with room to spare. Would be surprised that you can't do the same with the Mustang.

We Can still put the top up and down too. As for leaving the skis in there for all to see we have covered them with towels and vests. If we make a short stop or two. One of the benefits of our "fringe sport" is no one but other ballers understand the cost of our gear. And I trust the BOS Nation.

• Baller
You need an A4 convertible. There is actually a little door that opens behind the backseat armrest with a bag that extends all the way between the front seats to keep the interior of the car clean. Designed for snow skis, but should work with a waterski. Had to google it to figure out what the heck it was for after we got the car for my wife.