Skiing near Zurich?

braindamage

• Baller

I’m in a job transition and am considering a position that would move me to Schaffhausen Switzerland which is 40mins north of Zurich.

I see lakes nearby, but can’t find anything online about skiing, courses, or private ski lakes. Does anyone have any information or contacts?

• Baller
My son lives near Zurich, actually closer to Bern and I haven’t seen any courses or private lakes. As far as I know skiers drove to nearby countries for course skiing. You can ski in a course in Lac Léman in Geneva... but from Zurich best will be to search for ski clubs in Germany. If you find any course skiing around Zurich, I also want to know about it! ?

• Baller

@braindamage i don’t speak German either but I see no course and as far as I know it’s not allowed to put a course in most lakes. All skiers that I know and live in Switzerland, ski mainly in France. One girl I know skis in Lac léman and I think @chris55. He will probably give you the most accurate info.

I have found a ski club in Germany, 100km from where my son lives. I will search for it.

• Baller

@braindamage and @skialex yes I ski on Geneva lake or we should call it lac Léman....We have a slalom cours in Geneva and we have access through La Nautique from March to mid-November

http://www.nautique.ch/fr-ch/la-societe-nautique-de-geneve

There is no private slalom ski course in Switzerland because it is prohibited (don't know why..)

I think you might be able to ski at Cham on lake Zug, they have a waterski club but beside that we ski mostly in France nearby where we can have normal conditions which is not the case on the lake during summer time or windy conditions ..... to give you an idea, last year we had more than 35% cancellation due to weather. So from Zürich and the area, you have to go to Italy, or Austria maybe in Germany.

Go to https://waterskination.com/ and there is a map with a lot of places where you can ski and click on "find a waterski lake"

Good luck and if you need any infos .... don't hesitate to contact me through my email cholivet@gmail.com