Kodiak Ski Lake "Aspen", Colorado

Drago

• Baller

w1b50kyyu9tn.jpeg

We are excited to announce Kodiak Ski School at Kodiak Ski Lake, less than 30 minutes from Aspen and Glenwood Hot Springs. Now offering ski sets in addition to our private ski slots. Sets can be reserved to waterski, wakeboard, surf, hydrofoil, tube, trick, etc --behind a 2020 MasterCraft Prostar or 2020 MasterCraft NXT22. Book 15 minutes, an hour, or a party. Driving, coaching, and equipment provided. Visit Kodiakskilake.com for availability and scheduling

Ace Lane,Sam Wallack, Jeff Tankersley, Tucker and Leigh Sheldrake

https://kodiakskilake.com/schedule/

• Baller_

More pictures if ya gotm! Is this lake development in conjunction with the city of El Jebel? Looks amazing with everything needed just across the street. Looks like the city is helping with trails and parking lot??

i6d7k1kj7t6y.png

• Baller

The lake has been there for 30 years, but was a members-only site with 2 hour time slots. We are adding the pay-per-set this year.

The lake owner is developing the land around the lake (restaurants , teacher housing, apartments, assisted living ...). Across the highway is a Whole Foods, Starbucks, couple of breweries, burger joint,Element Hotel, bike shop, etc, etc

The Valley is, well, Aspen: movie stars, real estate, night life, watches. It's really the Roaring Fork Valley: "world class fishing", 5 ski resorts, hot springs, mtn biking, river rafting.

• Baller_

@drago thanks for the pull! Been coming to Kodiak for 20 years and I'm stoked to see you help bring new life to the lake!

And that's the World Record boat.... Chris "The Pickle Tower" Parrish ran 1.5 at 43 behind that boat in 2009!

• Baller

Had a tournament last Saturday with our great tournament friends. Some top scores from Fletcher Holm (ASU), 3 1/2 @ 38; Dan (Fave)LaFave, 2@39; and Luisa Jaramillo (ASU), 3@38 (even though I was driving and I’m "late and out of sync with the skier" ;)

jmucl96snyef.jpeg

• Baller

@Drago Leigh is that you? It’s Bryan from two Mondays back. It was a pleasure being at Kodiak, your site is incredible in skiability, scenery, proximity to businesses, and the cherry on top with especially great people on the water. Trying to get another couple of sets in this Summer while I’m back playing bass at the Aspen Music Festival. This is my third season playing here and the first year that you all have offered public sets. I’m so thankful that the owner of the lake has done this for the community. Now I can say (as a waterskier and waterskier only) that I have skied Aspen! Never thought it’d be possible! Next stop, Miami to play with the New World Symphony…

For those interested, kodiak put me back on the course for the first time after 8 years. I went ahead and stayed at 32mph (felt so fast behind a big new boat with ZO… used to 96ps190) and managed to make a handful of passes at -15 and actually felt good enough to shorten to -22! What a rush! thanks Leigh!

(hat tip to ski mom @sunperch If she’s still on here & all those at MOKAN who gave me the bug!)