In Tow

vtmecheng

• Baller

I received this email from Brenda this week:

I am still stringing up handles, but am low on inventory so I am calling

skiers and taking orders over the phone. For information and updates

regarding InTow, please go to the InTow website at www.jlbmfg.com.

I will have handle stock leftover after I finish all of my current

orders, but am not certain I will have all diameters available. Since

you are one of the first skiers to reach out, then there's a good chance

I'll have the diameter needed and if so will be able to ship your order

mid July or so.

• Baller
My buddy @Pullhard just got one of the “blue bomb” handles. I skied a set on it the other day and really liked the material. I’m due for a new handle at the end of the year so looking forward to getting a new In-Tow with the blue stuff.

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller
I have a slightly off topic rookie question about ropes and handles. I've read a lot about people buying new ropes. Does that mean new handles as well? I have a nice Masterline rope and handle. It still has some life left in it, but should I be replacing the handle along with the rope when it is time to purchase? Neither one is worked very hard.

• Baller
Replace the handle when the grip is too worn or it looks like there is a risk of breaking. Replace ropes more frequently even if they do not look worn out or about to break if you want to save your elbows. Newer ropes have a little more give than well used ropes.

• Baller

Brenda is basically a solo shop with a little help from her brother and I am certain the supply-chain issues have been very tough for her to deal with. Personally, I always buy ahead and have spares lying around so I am never pressed for time over ropes or handles, but if you need one now you need one now.

That said, my two ski buddies got in their blue bomb handles and I agree 100%, these things are THE BOMB. I will order a few this off season for me and the boy and his cousins.

• Baller
I had fun with her custom "mid-loops", too. 33.5 skis a lot like 35 with more wiggle room and less abuse. Same with 36.5 skiing a lot like 38. Made for some fun training. Dunno if it made me better at 38 perse--but was fun.

• Baller
It's a different world we live in these days. Most every business has some sort of supply chain issues. Give her a bit of a break. If you need a handle or rope that bad, maybe it's your fault for waiting so long. I have a spare rope and old handle (at least 1-2) if needed in an emergency.

• Baller
@igkya had I heard anything from her, like she doesn’t have the supplies or is backed up, then I completely get it. Hearing nothing for over a month is a different story. I also don’t get the idea that it is somehow my fault. It’s not like I expected to get a handle in a few weeks. If I had heard that it would come in a month I’d go with what I have and use my old one a few sets if needed. But yeah, it’s my fault.

• Baller
@vtmecheng I can't argue on the part of her not returning your calls or emails, that not good. Maybe her business is outgrowing her staff, not necessarily a bad thing. Her website states she has supply chain issues. Buy another rope/handle if you need, just don't let this experience sour you/anyone from future InTown purchases.

• Baller

@vtmecheng you didn’t think you had to wait a month and a half? Worldwide supply chains are completely and utterly backed up. How anybody cannot accept this after this amount of time of endless pandemic dramas is totally beyond me. If you need a handle for start of NEXT season for example you should order it now to be safe.

I get you’re pissed of for no response and there’ll be other reasons for that I’m sure but lack of supply of materials to even make her product seems blatantly obvious.

• Baller

There has never been a time easier in life to communicate promptly to resolve issues or clarify problems. The world is operating on 5G, with technology at our fingertips. Computers, laptops, phones, watches, etc.

Supply issues are completely understandable. Lack of communication is unacceptable.

• Baller
@ISP6ball This is someone who sends you a self-addressed stamped envelope to pay your bill...if you have patience and an understanding of her business, you will be very happy with the product. If you want point and click, with Amazon efficiencies, In Tow is not someone you will enjoy working with.

• Baller
Brenda is so friendly and awesome to work with. She does this on her own in her way. It is so fun to talk with her on the phone and her handles are simply awesome. I just ordered my fourth handle from her, a blue bomb, and I can't wait to try it out.

• Baller
It took a long time to get a call from Brenda. That said, I can’t pass up an InTow even if it was frustrating as hell to get. Got the handle Thursday and skied today. It would be nice if it wasn’t so hard to get that call but I love the spectra handle. Definitely a bit more grip than my HO Syndicate or the Masterline handles others I ski with have. Also like her ski guard more. In the end, it’s just a solid handle.