Alternatives to an RStyle rear binding

lakeaustinskier

• Baller

It's the end of the season and I need some thoughts on a new rear boot.  I currently have a RStyle rear boot (with a HO hardshell front).  I like my current setup but..........I have a high instep and I've been told that the RStyle is affecting the nerves and tendons in my foot because the boot is so stiff over the top of my foot. 

To clarify - high instep means that the TOP of my foot is higher than average which equals more pressure on the top of my foot.

For peace of mind/security a rear toe isn't an option.  And a pure full boot isn't an option because I like to have the freedom and movement of what the Rstyle gives me (but not the pain). 

Radar HRT rear boot? HO Stance rear boot?  These are hybrids that seem to have a lot of extra room over the top of the foot yet will still allow me to move my foot around.

Thanks for any feedback!

• Baller

Wildcard-  consider the dual front lace tfactor rear. The dual front laces provide a lot of latitude in how tight or loose you want the rear. Can also go up a size for extra flexibility if desired. Mine is tight enough for support but I can still lift my heel with ball of the foot pressure . Food for thought …..

• Baller

I moved to the Radar HRT this year and like it a lot.  The BOA version gives a lot of control for how tight it is on your foot which may be helpful for your high instep.  Before I got mine I ran into a guy that came from an r-style and likes the HRT.

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller

I have a huge (tall) rear foot as the result of a motocross crash years ago.  I settled on Rstyle because it was the least painful of all the similar options I could find. HRT was more pressure on top with less support. 

Have you heat molded your liner? That should  help. 

I wear a 11 shoe and had to find an XXL rear kicker to try a while back. My foot is so thick it was nowhere close to fitting in the recommended Medium 😂

• Administrators

@lakeaustinskier

would a thicker liner provide more padding and solve the problem with r style? maybe go up a size and then thicker liner?

• Baller

I’m using an HRT.  I never think about it, how it fits, or how it performs.  I think that means it’s pretty good.  Comfortable, secure, yet does not limit movement. 3 seasons on it now, the only change i plan to make is to mount it up behind a Tfactor.