Winter Sucks

Old MS Accout

• Baller
MS, Bobby Olson and I are going to run our first open water set today. No docks/lifts/buoys in yet as was on vacation during ice out last week. It's only going to be in the 40's, but I can't take it anymore. I have to imagine you have taken a set? Razor1 has all of his stuff in the water but had obligations this weekend.

• Baller
Here in the Great Freaking Plains, this time of year if it's warm the wind is blowing 40 mph. We've gotten some nice warm days (been 90 once already!) but the wind kills everything. The spring monsoons are starting early this year too, and their timing out to come in mostly on the weekends. At this rate it will be May before we get started skiing...

• Baller
Same thing here in MT. Been cold, no real nice days yet. Add to that the lake owner where I ski has drained the lake to work on the shoreline and spray for weeds. Hope I'll be skiing by the second week of May, best case.

• Baller

Winter is officially over! Big Mike and I had the first set of the year today. Temp was ok 50F/50F and a heat wave is forecasted for next weekend. Horton, the Stradas fits perfect and I think it will be a success.

Tsixam

• Baller
I am going to put the boat in today or tomorrow. I was out at 7:15 this morning getting some wax on it. Unfortunately I tweaked my back swinging a sledgehammer on Wednesday so I won't be able to ski this weekend it will probably be next weekend for my first set.

• Baller
It is staying too cold. And when it isn't cold (today) it is blowing like a freakin hurricane! Last year I had my course in for 2 weeks already. This year I haven't found a day when I can bring it up. Done about 8 sets of open water skiing so far just to get on the water and build some technique and endurance, but I'm ready for warm, calm and sunny!

• Baller
The water level in the Gravel Pit I ski in is 4ft above the previous high water level and the snow skiing has been great. Long story short, snow skiing when I should have been water skiing = dislocated thumb = surgery. No skiing of any kind until July. Winter Sucks!!!

• Baller_
Ice is out and water is up to 34f! Should hit 55 my Memorial Day! Summer is here! I'd put my boat in but the marina is under three feet of water and they are a little tied up with a project called "sand bagging". WTF!

Lpskier

• Baller
It's no picnic here in Florida either. I have only been skiing for a month with a wetsuit, and it has been real windy. Such a bad white capping tail wind that I have only been over the ramp on two sets. Having to cut at the 700 and still slam on the brakes. Managed to hurt myself twice, once trying to switch to a regular grip in slalom, I ski with a reverse grip. Hurt my forearm so much I couldn't ski or work out for 5 days. Then 3 days ago I bent over to plug in my phone and my back locked up. Doctor has me on bed rest and prednisone and rubaxin. I decided to take the kids to the beach instead. I can stand up today without pain. Might try to ski this afternoon or tomorrow. Wouldn't want to blow my number one goal of the year of don't get hurt bad enough to not be able to ski for a week. Probably take it easy though, no jumping or holding onto slack. Global warming sucks, or the lack there of does anyway.

• Baller
Finally got on the water for the first time. It was great to get my ass out of the water, but between the wind, the debris in the lake, & the fact that my vest & gloves are MIA, it wasn't the greatest. Latest I've gotten wet in the past 4 years, but tomorrow's forecast looks enticing.

• Baller
It is windy here as well. My little guy rode the jumpers yesterday and we will get him out on his slalom after his lacrosse game this afternoon. Water was 54* yesterday and the air was 56*. My son was skiing in just a heater top because it is all he has (his jump suit is just a tank top).

• Baller
Not as bad as Marco but we haven't really been over 60* for an extended period and the water is still in the 50s. The wind has been out of the northeast which for our lake means no calm water anywhere.

Mid Michigan I was in March 28 last year. The earliest ever for me. This year it was April 28 the latest ever. This year has been $hi#.

Cold snow very windy and more wind. At 8 PM last night we got our first ride on glass.

• Baller
If you people didn't live in Hockey/Ice Skating country, you wouldn't have this problem.......Ya'll will get your payback in a couple of months when I start complaining about 100 degree water temps and 120 degree "wind chill"