Cold Water Poll

Horton

• Baller
Might be shutting down this week. Looks like highs in the 40s, lows in the 20s, and the water temp is painful. Need to get the ski boat out, sink the slalom course for winter, then take out two docks, two lifts, and my little Boston Whaler that I use for course maintenance. Sounds like a cold days work this Saturday or Sunday!

• Baller
In the Spring we regularly ski with ice still on the lake. We normally need to take a few passes up and down to help push the ice away, but it's a fun time of the year for us!! A few drinks afterwards never hurt as well.

• Baller

Once skied two days after ice out in northern MN. Air might have been 45, water surface temp was a balmy 34 degrees....I don't want to know what it was past the surface but it was bad.

bananron where up north are you? My ice out run was done near McGregor. If the boat is in in April I will ski, but come Opener I fish and usually don't make it back up until Memorial.

Me, Brent and the guys would normally go skiing right about now. It's minus 12c and the lake isn't too frozen. A bit of axe work and you're in. The problem is that there is no snow on the ground and it doesn't look any different than October. Hardly the right conditions to make a video. Too bad, it would have been a new record for late season skiing. Our previous record was Dec 9. Those were good conditions.

• Baller

Those cold temperatures cannot be good for vinyl or fiberglass/gelcoat. Once the water gets below 70 in the fall I start using my drysuit again depending on the air temp. Once it starts dipping into the 30's at night, my boat goes in the garage. I want it completely dry before the snow arrives. I would ski until Thanksgiving if I did not have to worry about my boat..

• Administrators

I just sent Eddie a text. He said the ice is not really too thick so he is skiing Saturday.

I may spending the weekend with the in-laws this weekend but that better that than freezing to death.