What's your location?

jerseydave

• Baller

Since I'm new to this site, just wanted to see if anyone is near my location? (NJ, eastern PA, Delaware, MD)

I may need to enlist more skiers for the coming season since all my friends wakeboard.

Feel free to post where you're from anyway.....it's always interesting!

• Baller_
My brother in law was a colegent hockey player. Never skated on lake ice having been born in Cali. One yr in MN same senario.....no snow and miles of ice. (doesn't happen that often BTY). We all walked down to the lake to skate, saw him crack a smile and he was gone.... I mean speck in the distance gone. Didn't see him again for a while. When we were little we set up sails on old runner sleds and went for a mile or two...mom would fallow along on lakeside roads and pick us up. Miles of frozen glass was cool.

• Baller

In 7th grade my Navy pilot uncle sent me a flare parchute and I would rip across the glass ice lake on skates, collapse it, gather it up, and skate back a couple miles to do it again. If you fell you could slide for what felt like forever. One time almost slid into open water. I take a pic of our lake and try to post it tomorrow,

• Administrators

• Baller
Southern Michigan We're dying for ice here as in the winter we get our speed fix ICE BOATING. For those southerners a ice boat is a sail boat with runners. Lying on your back 6 inches above the ice reaching speeds of 55+ makes waiting for spring much more bearable. Search DN iceboats for more info.

• Baller

@bishop8950, I've always wanted to ski at raceway park. Just seeing that site from the pits behind the drag strip some 30 years ago always got me stoked.....looks so perfect! I met Bill Cooper back in the 80's when I was a punk kid with my 18' Challenger jet boat with BB Chevy. He actually had a course in the Delaware river so I tried it a few times with my 19' Ski Eliminator. I think Bill is still active with raceway park right?

@horton, GREAT SITE! Glad I found it and hope to meet more of you local guys. Thanks for the bump of the old thread, great reading about your backgrounds.

@Patrick..yeah I'll hit the Schulykill river with you next season! Matter of fact, I'm going Jan 1st to Port Indian to watch the polar bear skiers take to the water for charity. You going?

• Baller

jeresydave - Bill Cooper is still active at RWP. I saw him at Nationals this past year and he is still at it. I think there are only a few diehards keeping that site going. I have a feeling once Ron Nill (who has the personal relationship with the RWP family) stops keeping the site alive, it will close up to waterskiing. They have better/more profitable options as sad as filling it in for additional parking.

Its such an interesting site being bracketed by an airport and the race tracks. On race days you can hardly talk to the skier over the big blocks with open headers. The lake was originally 5x as big and built for drag boats. That didn't stick and they have been filling it in bit by bit. Set up is short now. For those that are curious, Mapquest 267 Pension Rd Englishtown, NJ 07726 for a pic

KB

@jerseydave - We don't have our new years plans finalized yet but some guys do the same thing over on our stretch of the river. If we were available I was going to head over there, but maybe I can make it over to Port Indian. I'll track you down if I can make it over.

• Baller

@ AB, I knew Bill Filling back in my Lake Aldred days. He was a rep for Supreme at that time. Is he still around?

@ lpskier, I'm about 2 hours south of Monroe NY. There is also a ski club 2 hours south of me in south Jersey called Dividing Creek ski club. Raceway park skiers are closest to me if I ever want to get into some serious slalom again. For now I'll be free skiing and footin' close to home.

• Baller
chicagomike, where at more specifically? I fly into Lake in the Hills and ski w/a buddy who lives in Tower Lakes. He pays for time at a quarry where we run buoys in the a.m., and in the afternoon we take his boat to the river w/our families.