Remember the early 90's?

TRST

• Baller

I had some lime green trunks with black accents to match my green and black HO Extreme. Even had a lime green O'Neill Outlaw vest if I remember right.

Warren Witherall was running 38 on a blue and pink HO, in his thong swim trunks. That is something I don't need to remember.

• Administrators

This is more of that was going on at the time.

http://static-cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/09/b30e04ee28c306c3d29f6bb301d28d.jpg

• Administrators

this is how you destroy ski school trick skis

http://static-cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/1f/78cbf6d6837e71f6fbfa98a612ed4a.jpg

Here is the same "Miami Vice" edition Supra my dad bought new in 87. Quite an improvement from the 14 ft VIP runabout w/ 85 HP Johnson I grew up with. He ended up trading this one in for an even more teal 90 model that he still has. I voted for black at the dealership not knowing he had already purchased the teal and raspberry one. Good times in both of them.

funny that jobes bindings nowadays look almost the same minus the bright pink and yellow. speaking of which anyone been on these or any of jobes products lately I know someone on here posted a link to there american website/online store awhile back

That was the first time I ever got up on a slalom ski. It took 3 days, an empty boat, a patient driver, a flat bottom wooden cypress gardens slalom ski with a huge metal fin, and that two handled rope to do it. I had to work so hard to get up that first time that I rarely have trouble getting up anymore. Those shorts scream 1964. That picture is about 1984 if I recall correctly.

• Baller
I fondly remember 1990, I met this girl, beautiful beyond words, a body that wouldn't stop, very attractive smile, fun like you know what I mean, but crazy as a loon (and not in a good way!) that relationship lasted about a month because I didn't want to take her to meet my parents around the holidays.

• Baller

"ahh the early 90's... before zero off... before perfect pass... before $60,000 boats that dont ski better then their 90's counterparts..."

No doubt! I just bought a '91 Prostar 190 at literally 1/10th the price of a new 200, and am just as happy with the wake! I'm even ok with the MrsSWC speed control for now.

• Baller

The Obrien vest with the integral back brace that Horton is slaloming in rocked! Better than what's on the market now. Of course the Obrien Impulse was such a rough handling ski that you needed the back brace... I'd still like to field that vest today.

Eric

• Baller
Man, speaking of boats, that 96/97 era Nautique 196 was a awesome slalom boat. I did really good behind it, and sadly, I really haven't gotten any better sense 1999... Im still trying to run the same passes I was in 1998/1999 :-( anyone else stuck like that here too? I even moved to a private lake, and it hasen't helped my skiing a damn, I still love it here though.

• Baller

If you are not getting good advice from your boat crew, then time to get professional help..

I have been fortunate enough to ski with some overly-honest ski buds who will not tolerate stagnation...

• Baller
Stagnation will eventually happen to everyone. Hate to break it to you guys, but if you skied seriously before you were 30 and you are now 50 plus, you are probably in maintenance mode. You hope not to lose too many buoys this year. You are all going to hit that wall at some point.

• Baller

@Animal, you just killed my dream of running 38 again... just kidding.

I am over 50, overweight, bum shoulder and hand, but trying to lose pounds and get back into something that I love to do and haven't done seriously for a while. If I don't run 38 this year, I want to run some 35's, and I am counting on my friends to watch and tell me what I am doing wrong. They won't be polite, they can be brutal at times, but they will help me figure it out. If they can't and I feel I am physically able to ski better than what I am, I will get professional help, whether that is bringing in a pro for a day, or going to see one. There is no better feeling than crushing that next loop, or maybe a 340 yard drive down the middle, or draining a deep 3 from the corner to win a pickup basketball game, etc....even if I am an old fart. @usaski1, come on up to Ohio this summer and find your MOJO.