No Slalom Boats at the boat show...

Bulldog

• Baller
Hi Guys, I was at our boat show yesterday and none of the "Big Three" had a slalom boat there. It was quite sad really... nothing but 90K+ bathtubs and bling. It is a black mark on our sport when the largest boat show in Western Canada does not have even one slalom boat. End of my sad rant.

"Do Better..."

• Baller
I did mention to all four factories (Mastercraft, Malibu, Nautique, and Centurion) that in Alberta (the richest province and economic engine of Canada) that not bringing a slalom boat was a huge mistake! Most said "we were going to but they all sold and the owners did not want their boats on display" Ya thats not a sales line or anything....

"Do Better..."

There was a 200 and a 197 in Vancouver - The TXi that they were going to show sold - A couple of the people that I talked to mentioned that they thought there was alot more buzz over skiing this year. - must have been the waterskiing dog.

• Baller
I did not go in as I was at another event with my daughter, but in Boston, they have a gallery overlooking the floor. As far as I could see, The Big 3 did bring slalom boats. In fact the Malibu dealer had both a TXi and a Response LX.

At the Sacramento show SN had a 200 OB and a 200CB. None of the others had a DD. I asked the Malibu rep if they had a TXI back at their shop, he laughed an gave me some lip about how they haven't had a direct drive at their shop in over 4 years. The only way to see one is to buy it first....I left.

I haven't seen a DD boat at the Salt Lake boat show in years. When I've asked, the answer has usually been that they bring the boats that they sell a lot of. While the DD boats move quickly, they don't move a lot - at least not in our market.

I did get one response this year that the DD boat had sold just before the show.

Other than that, there were some smaller V-drive boats, but nothing slalom specific.

This is also a year-round problem in that it is hard to test drive a DD boat since most are custom ordered and the new owners don't want other people to play with their new toy before they do. So, we pay big money for a boat based solely on recommendations, not actual experience.

• Baller
Even back in '07 when my brother ordered his 196, he had to buy it without driving one. The funny thing was the salesman was absolutely shocked at how amazing it drove/handled. He actually uttered the words, "and I thought the Super Air 210 handled great".

• Baller

Pacific Nautiques had a very nice 200 front and center in thier booth at the Seattle show. I believe it was Seattle Water Sports that had a Carbon Pro. No ski boats in the Mastercraft booth, don't recall on the Malibu if a TXi was there but don't think so.

I can say from experience that Pacific Nautiques is a great dealer and they are very knowledgable about the 200 (as well as the other Nautiques).

• Baller

Pacific Nautiques had a very nice 200 front and center in thier booth at the Seattle show. I believe it was Seattle Water Sports that had a Carbon Pro. No ski boats in the Mastercraft booth, don't recall on the Malibu if a TXi was there but don't think so.

I can say from experience that Pacific Nautiques is a great dealer and they are very knowledgable about the 200 (as well as the other Nautiques).

• Baller

@BRY Pacific Nautiques is a great dealer. There were two 200's (OB & CB) at the Sac show, Superior Boats. Both were Promo boats. I surprised the other dealers don't use the promo boats if they don't have a DD boat at the dealership. I understand room, but a mix of boats is good.

I will say this, the DD boats next to these huge wakeboard boats makes them look tiny.

• Baller

@BRY Pacific Nautiques is a great dealer. There were two 200's (OB & CB) at the Sac show, Superior Boats. Both were Promo boats. I surprised the other dealers don't use the promo boats if they don't have a DD boat at the dealership. I understand room, but a mix of boats is good.

I will say this, the DD boats next to these huge wakeboard boats makes them look tiny.

• Baller
I am selling my 2008 Malibu Response LXI. It has around 200 hours on it. I have an Illusion tower with speakers, sub, amp, and 4 internal speakers. I've only used it in a course, with very little public lake useage. This boat has been in storeage for over a year. I'm asking $38,000.

• Baller
I am selling my 2008 Malibu Response LXI. It has around 200 hours on it. I have an Illusion tower with speakers, sub, amp, and 4 internal speakers. I've only used it in a course, with very little public lake useage. This boat has been in storeage for over a year. I'm asking $38,000.