failure is built into our sport

jRoe

On demand and Raise to the occasion with positive self talk and knowledge of preparation. This is Life folks. you either know you will go big or you doubt the outcome and crash pretty simple mind game.

Nutrition preparation and a clear consistence of being in the moment. no expectation other then expectation itself will bring you down. release yourself and ski that way you know how. just let it rip and may the chips fall where they may and you will be happy. ;) Chow down and be happy....

• Baller

How would you feel if you ran 38 years ago but in between then and now you have had injuries and put on 60 pounds. You know how to run it, you are trying to lose weight and it is painfully slow, and you physically can't ski like you used to with a 50 pound weight jacket?

There are days at the lake where I want to break my ski over my fat head for letting me get in this position, yet the next minute, I am teaching a youngster how to ski for the first time, or helping someone run the course at 30 mph, which are just truly wonderful moments.

Hopefully, we can all look at what is happening around us and enjoy where we are and be thankful for our blessings which millions of people will NEVER be able to have.

We are very privileged.

• Baller
I was told a long time ago if you come within 4 buoys of your average practice score in a tournament, then you had a good day. I know I will never be a national, or even a regional champion, but it is still fun just to see how far you can go. We are involved in the greatest sport that has ever been invented. Man verses machine and mother nature at the same time.

• Baller

@borditup. I like the statment

Run until failure.

However, Could we word it:

Success is when you reach the point of failure?

That is a more positive approach that makes me more happy when I fails.

One must also consider that the course is the same accross our globe.

Every single skier can compare results ....

Type 100 000 skiers will always be better than me.

That is something I have to live with.

• Baller
Interesting thread. After years of USSA alpine ski racing, I've kept out of the waterski tourny scene not only due to time constraints, but I also didn't want waterskiing to become "work" like alpine did. I do plan on at least attending one at MS's site at some point, but that's where time has been a factor. Assuming tournament waterskiing is similar to ski racing, I would think setting an all-time PB in competition would be very challenging, at least for me. I pulled off many more miraculous things in training than at races in my day. That's also due to getting numerous runs versus 2.