Recommendations for a new drysuit.

GAJ0004

• Baller_
I have the Bare UltraDry. It's a baggy, not a hybrid, but I like the freedom of movement and warmth I get from layering loose sweats, etc. in it. I've had it about 4-5 years now. Still working great. I actually ski better wearing it than I do in shorts in mid summer - which is still not warm enough in Michigan for me.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Supporting Member

Firstly, I LOVED the Sahara. Ran two -38s in it over the years, which at the time was 40% of all 'em.

I now have the Oneill Hybrid and it's even more comfortable -- really no transition at all to switch to/from bathing suit/drysuit.

However, it's not NEARLY as warm as the Sahara. Some serious layering under it is needed to get a similar effect to the Sahara. Underarmor Coldgear helps, and a sweatshirt on top of that when it's really cold.

And I'm pretty worried that @6balls is right: My suit is not even one season old and I feel I am getting more water than expected coming in the sleeves.

The neck is VERY hard to get on. I have to wet it and my hair, and preferably a little moose juice or else it grabs my hair and doesn't let go.

One reason may be that I was swimming in a Large at 6'2" 170lbs, so I went with the Medium. Far better fit everywhere else, but getting my head in is crazy.

• Baller_
I bought my Bare drysuit from Shuswap Board and Ski (http://www.shuswapsnb.com/). At the time, I paid a bit under $400 USD and that was the best price around the internet then. That was a while ago and I haven't kept on top of the exchange rate. I can't remember if their website was pricing in USD or not - it may be that it was even with Canadian dollars. Looks like $449 now for adult sizes. I'd say write them an email or call them to firm up the pricing.

• Baller
I've got a barefoot international that seems fine. Last year I bought a Neil Pride front entry 5/4/3 Wetsuit it works really well, not sure I'll every use the drysuit again, I think its made for kit surfing. I was swimming in it last winter getting some fallen trees out of the lake and was actually hot. They make some with the skin on them like Camaro Horton was using, mine doesn't have that but as warm as mine is I think with the skin you could ski in about any weather you wanted to.

• Baller
I got the Eagle baggy. Really light so you feel very free when skiing. Canl layer underneath depending how cold it is. Has cool front zip so easy in and can zip and unzip myself. Added bonus is it is very hard to forget to zip your suit before you jump in with zipper accross your chest instead of back. OF

• Baller

I have a B'foot int suit as well. Dry as a bone but super tight seals making in/out a pain and threatening to pop my head off like a cork via neck seal.

A ski buddy has the Eagle front zip and likes it. It's a bit more material than my Boost, but he too is bone dry in that thing and seems to ski well in it. It would be on a short list for me, too.

• Baller

I have a Barefoot International drysuit that is incredible. At 5'5" and a buck-thirty I should be in a small, but I got the medium which I think makes the seals fit perfectly. Easy in and easy out yet completely water tight. I got a little impatient pulling the right leg off and a good sized piece of the ankle seal ripped off - about the size of a fifty cent piece, but the suit is still completely water tight!

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/jipster43/8aeb8634-fe24-4b60-9fc4-f5a51daffb29_zps3a2620cd.jpg

• Baller_
@wawaskr, with that T-Zip plastic zipper, I can actually zip and unzip the suit (it's a back zip) myself. Yes, it requires a slight Houdini-like move to get it started. But, it moves easily after that.