Custom Synthetic Leather Noose Eliminator

Brewski

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
That is it for now. There is color change Aqua Marine Titanium but I have to wait for sun tomorrow to get the pic. Coming this week will be Carbon Fiber in Twill Black and 5HS Black/Silver and MasterLine Clay Red Matte.

• Baller
I have a black bros rolling laminator, will have to measure width, but it is essentially rubber roller wheels for squeezing materials together - if you are indeed cementing two layers of material together, it could be beneficial to have it on your work bench.

• Baller

@Brewski - what colors do you think are the least visually distracting. I would like something that isn't going to reflect too much or be too bright. I am thinking a medium gray matte might fit that bill. What are your thoughts?

For my son's handle, do you have good ol' Straightline red?

• Baller
@ToddL I have a nice light grey baby ostrich that is very nice I will cut one tomorrow. I have some other nice ones also... I am not sure on the Straightline red shoot me a pic to bruce@kohensports.com and I will match it up best I can.

• Baller

@BlueSki You will love these~! Put tension on the line and trace inside, send it to me at the address below, with the color choices. You can enclose a check (42.00 ea.) , paypal (bruce@kohensports.com) or call with credit card.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce Kohen

27541 Happy Terrace

Rocky Mount, MO 65072

Phone: (573)-392-7432

www.kohensports.com

• Baller

@Brian_M Moc is super cool. Spectra comes in the white only. Bungee will be in black. I will include both. Spectra is super light super strong, soft, no stretch, almost completely unnoticeable and UV proof..I am really liking it so far.

Another Spectra Laced in...1db8a701aa4a27aba5797a7f4408a3.jpg

• Baller
@Hipsup I started at the middle at the bottom. Folded the line in half and put it through the eyelets, laced it up through, tied the end and wrapped with 1 zip tie to hold in place at the top. I will figure out how to eliminate that zip tie with practice and my nautical knot chart....

• Baller

@brewski I just sent you a Paypal. The template will go in the mail today. It is hard for me to see the colors accurately on my computer, so I will let you select what you think will look good. My handle is very close to masterline blue, although it is an In Tow. Let me know if you want me to send you a pic.

Thanks, it looks like you have an awesome product. Can't wait to check it out!

• Baller

*****All current orders have shipped.****

I found the best way to lace them is to use the zip ties to hold it the distance from the handle you want, zip tie in place, fold lace in half and run through bottom eyelet to begin lacing, lace to top on each side and half hitch tighten each side a couple of times to get tight then knot. I cut the original zip tie then placed a zip tie over the knot to keep it from slipping. I am sure someone with knowledge of knots can come up with a nice wrap for us. I have not run a bungee for lace purposes yet but will when the new handle gets here for testing but it is a little thick compared to the Spectra and I want a static connection on my personal handle so I will not use it to lace with but will be testing them in the middle to see how it feels.

• Baller

@Brewski Just got my order in the mail. Best looking system I have seen! If the weather holds I plan on testing this weekend. Installing them on my Master Line handle was a snap. Perfect fit!

Thanks for the quick service

• Baller

I received my son's and my Bruce Noose Eliminators on Friday. I strung up my son's handle last night using only the spectra cord. I'm sure there are various ways to do this, but I started by finding the mid point of the cord, put that around the rope end of the "Y", then pulled both ends of the cord through the center eyelet. From there, I simply wrapped each cord around the sides of the handle yoke lacing through each sequential eyelet. When I got to the top, I fine-positioned the protector and then pulled out any slack until everything was tight. I then looped the spectra through the top eyelet two more times. After that, I pulled a loop of spectra through the top eyelet and wrapped the free end back around the yoke the other way and then through the spectra loop and pulled tight to make a knot. Then, I tied a few more knots. (I'm not a boy scout, so I'm sure there is a better way to tie off this cord.)

Since I wasn't certain we were at the optimal position, I left the excess cord on. I simply guided it back down towards the intersection of the "Y" through a couple of eyelets along the way. Then, I tied a simple square knot at the bottom. This way, i could loosen the whole thing and re-position if needed after a few runs. Later we can trim the spectra back at the top once we are confident in the positioning.

This is our first experience with a handle guard. My son commented that his fingers might hit it when grabbing the handle. We noticed that the guard material wanted to overlap the yoke sides some. This placed the guard fully on one side of the yoke. Thus, the edge nearest the handle was not centered on the handle thickness, but rather favoring one side. With the opposing hand grip, one had had extra room to grab the handle while the other had less room. So, we decided to position the guard material diagonally so that it was on the side of the yoke away from the palm of the hand on that end of the handle. This gave extra room for fingers to grab the handle for both hands. I wanted to share this technique in case it is of benefit to others.

c1af7f41c7edcad7da75220083616f.jpg3269123a34587fb1f30d3d0ea25faf.jpg

ec2831150e71aad45483cea028c161.jpg5c3b831d9adcc5806cb23082797274.jpg