Are you done?

Horton

Going free skiing almost every day in a dry suit. If my ski buddy's aren't around, I'll get the boat off the lift, warm it up, and my wife will come out all bundled up, and drive me. She is great. I should motivate myself to get up to the course lake more often though. This week.

• Baller
What does "done" mean? Never done. Just longer waiting periods between sets. In TX, we get cold spells. In one now. However, in a few weeks we are likely to have 70+ degree weather in the middle of Dec. Last year, I skied at least 1 set every month of the winter. Hope that will happen again this year.

• Baller

Starting my season tomorrow early morning, back from my neck surgery!

6-8 easy passes, then see Emma Sheers at my place, then heading to my friend's lake to see A. Larkin, Will Asher, TGas and Carlo Allais.

Sounds like a good Monday to me...

• Baller

Just need to get my boat back from the shop. Until then I will spend time supervising the house build and working on re-arranging my boat house while there is no boat in there.

Hope to get an afternoon in with T$ near the end of the week if the weather clears up?????

• Baller
"Winterized" the boat Sunday. For here, that means draining the engine block and hoses for these little night time dips into the 20's. Then reconnecting everything so as it sits on the boat hoist it is ready to go on the next good warm day.

• Baller

@richarddoane You have a pic? Will these work with the temperature pick-ups that are mounted on the two engine block drains?

The only other places I drain include the hose that connects the exhaust riser - just open the garden hose fitting behind the Monsoon engine block, and I drain the raw water pump.

Quick drains sound good, I expect we'll have some good ski days in about a week or so.

• Baller_
@zman -I'll get some pictures next time we're at the lake, the knock sensors on each side of the block get moved onto a brass "tee" to allow the adding of a drain valve, your manifold hose connection drains them quickly, we add "flush tee's" to each heater hose so that you can manually blow out the heater core, don't forget to pump out the shower, we "winterize" our Malibu after every time we use it this time of year, it stays on the boat lift all year round

• Baller
Seem to be able to get a set per week in still, although it has cooled off this week, but we usually get a few 60 degree days during the winter. For now, working on home improvement projects my wife reminds me are past due. Yes Honey, I'll be right there, talking to my BOS friends.

• Supporting Member
Thanks to poor planning I took the dock out on Sunday at 25 degrees. But cold alone is not really what ends our season. Once the leaves are off, the wind is crazy. And there's no evening daylight. AND it's cold. This all happens at once at the start of November, so time to give up.

• Baller
Brought everything home from the lake Sunday. Seems the brown grass turned to white stuff. If we get a warm day then maybe take the boat back and ski since the water is not ice yet. Gave it up because no one else wanted to ski anymore. BTW my vote was because the last time I skied (2 weeks ago) it was in a Camaro wet suit and I was not cold.