Is your season over?

Horton

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
The water temp dropped a bunch with the last cold spell @MS sent our way, but weather is great this week. My bicep is feeling like I am on my way to shredding it, so I am missing this last bit of weather, based on warnings from other Ballers who have been down this path.

Pulled the boat yesterday. It was a shame on such a beautiful day... We could have left it in a little longer, but we're heading to Colorado for a week. Besides I skied last week and had to wear a wetsuit, I HATE wearing neo after a good summer. I can do it in the spring, but not in the fall.

• Baller
I usually ski until mid October, but an extremely bad back and upcoming spinal fusion in a few weeks made me put the boat away last weekend. If all goes well, I should be back on the water next May. Fingers crossed! Its tough because the weather is still awesome here in CO, with highs in the 80's and water in the upper 60's. Haven't worn rubber since spring...

• Baller
Will ski through Colombus Day but the course will get pulled by this weekend. The way my course is oriented SW-NE I can't ski it in one direction after 2pm because of the sun glare. I really enjoy free skiing anyway start at 22 then chop it to 28 and 32 after skiing 40-50 turns in a row. Water temp is already in the mid 50's so it's into shorty weather, don't bother w a full suit, too restrictive.

• Baller
Another beautiful day yesterday, season must be nearly over since I finally started completing passes again and then did a nice gentle OTF flip on the next one. 75 and sunny and supposed to be more of the same for the next 3-5 days. Water temp is down to around 63. Skiing directly into the sun is kind of a challenge even with the sunglasses on.

• Baller
Couldn't resist today. 75 air and 65 ish water. Bare backed and fairly comfortable after the first jump in. Took it easy on the arm and just got some exercise. Been a rough couple weeks with diverticulitis, strained arm and sore back (from lifting the golf clubs out of the car of all things). Weather picked up after the cold snap so just had to go. Next week looks about the same.

• Baller
Water temp here in the KC area is 70, air low 80's this weekend into at least mid next week. Spent the day stripping and waxing the 'Bu (she looks GOOD!), will probably winterize and put it away next weekend but my buds at Raintree are still skiing so I'm hanging with them until they quit, hopefully not for another 2 - 3 weeks at least. Skied with them Friday and skiing tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Sure hate to see it end.

• Baller
Skied in shorts and an eagle vest yesterday. Ran up to match my summer PB of 4@39.5' OFF. I know, it is just practice and doesn't count, but in Central Washington, at the end of September, a 78 degree day with 70 degree water, running a head and tail 38, and on pace to run 39.5 was a GREAT FEELING! @Deanoski‌ and I have had a GREAT SUMMER OF SKIING. Looking forward to 2015!

• Baller
Those of you who wear "heater shirts" to extend the season a bit -- is that just a lycra shirt (aka rash guard) or is it a neoprene top (aka wetsuit jacket)? If it is neoprene, what thickness is good to add some nice warmth but not be restrictive? I was thinking of getting a 2mm wetsuit jacket for skiing, but I've never tried wearing one before.