December Roll Call - Who's still skiing?

ToddL

• Baller
Not sure of our current water temp in Central Texas, but I bet its near the 50-65 degree range. Air temps have been fluctuating from highs between 40's to 60's. So, we are sitting around a 30 Baller Index. That's tough when you are used to a BI of around 130!

• Baller
I ran four complete passes at 34/32 Off this morning , and on the 5th pass fell at 1 ball OTF , and hooked the handle with my left arm , OUCH ! nothing appears damaged beyond the bright red / Now black and blue on my wrist .... I feel very fortunate .. water 74F air 75F ( thats cold her in S Florida ) 2nd set , had pain in my wrist on Gate , stood up at one and rode to the dock, Leaving for Vail Co, In the AM

• Baller_
The boat is gassed up, air will be 75, full sun, wind tops out at 3 for the day and my wife is willing to drive whenever. But pinched nerve in the back takes me out. Get to look at the glass water all damn day. Will be crying myself to sleep tonight.

• Baller

@Wish - damn...

Got to ski today, but winds around 10-20mph. It was really choppy. Water (best guess) was about 58-62 degrees. But had a blast. My ski buddy was trying a new-to-him Goode 9800. He was stoked. My Vapor rocked - chop, head, tail - all no problem. Also, tried out my new-to-me Radar Gravitron trick ski. My friend's boat wasn't dialed in for trick, but it seems really promising!

t4m0xunhq7rs.jpg

• Baller

cpelebzs6iru.jpg

Dawn at the lake today, last ski of the season hear in England. Have had to winterise the boat after skiing or frost will crack the block again. minus one Celcius, zero wind, just the edges of lake frozen in the shallows. The very best time to Ski, just as dawn breaks, there is something kind of spiritual about skiing at dawn, definitely feeds the soul. Then as the sun rises the waft of eggs and bacon on the barbie drifts across the lake to remind you to feed the body. Sad that the seasons ended but looking forward to snow skiing

• Baller_
Got to live vicariously though a MidWest baller that visited me today. Super nice guy. And a damn good skier. Was hard to watch another skier on that mirror glass water with bright sun but I am glad someone got to break it today. He will be back tomorrow if weather holds. Driving for a skier on glass water is just as much fun right??....right?!?!?...

• Administrators
2 rides today, 72 balls and the ass of my wetsuit totally blew out in front of my friends college age daughter. I managed to not show her the goods but we laughed petty hard.

• Baller

Baller index about 129 here on Magnetic Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Air 33C water 30C

Free skiing in Nelly Bay last Saturday with "the girls" - Finding @MarcusBrown‌'s flow point -Fantastic fun. Suits are to guard against deadly jellyfish /marine stingers. ot4xr8v5utml.jpg

1qgm9k6fny28.jpg

o7wxovca36pg.jpg

• Baller

Out for a rip today to cold to look at the numbers I found this on my truck when I came back to the ramp

I live on this lake have a boat lift and a dock and about 60 feet of lake front

I keep the boat in the water from March until mid November and trailer it in the colder months I also drink the water as it's our only source

Nice neighbours must be a new guy in town

• Baller
Currently at Swiss for 5 days, and today the air was roughly 60 and the water probably 65-68ish. Also I skiied with only a vest and shorts, no wetsuit. That in itself should add considerably to my BI score. Cold water actually feels really warm when you've been flying down a lake for 30 seconds and you get set down at the end.