2015 Boat Show Reports

ToddL

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
Guys...guys..guys... Relax. Really... It says right on the sticker that it's a "Boat Show Special". So that's gotta be like 10K less then at the dealer for sure. It's probably a steal for that price. They don't want to lug that back to the dealer. Right??

• Baller
Guys, I very seriously priced out a new SN200 a couple months ago with NO options at all other than a cover. Out the door, tax and dealer prep, total was just north of 79K. No joke, and that was with special 2014 year end pricing which amounted to a 7K "discount". Needless to say, NFW this year. We'll be looking hard at used promos when the time comes, there really is no other way to go.

• Baller
I was looking at some 2014 pro stars on ski it again, they are priced between 56k and62k. The boat that you see above will depreciate 35% in the first year. Assuming the average boater puts a 100 hours on the boat per year. Technically you lose $800 per engine hour due to depreciation. Since most of us will take out a loan to buy a boat you have to factor the interest on top of that. Actually that figure is higher. This could be a problem, how many promo boat owners can afford to be hit with that kind of depreciation? Proof the boats are overpriced in my opinion.

• Administrators

@SkiJay‌ I do not have any inside Centurion information but this is great for them. You can pay 80K - 90K for a well built ski boat or you can pay +-20k less for well built ski boat. Seems like a no brainer to me.

They seem have made a point of not advertising the CarbonPro as the economy alternative to other three brands. The fact is that the other three brands do not make a superior product compared to Centurion. Each boat might have a strong point over the other 3 but after a year in a Carbon Pro I am not missing anything a tournament skier would want.

If I had to buy a new boat and price was not a factor I would get another 6.0 CarbonPro.

• Baller

@oldjeep I was hoping they would be there as well. Mainly because I have a good family friend working with them and it is always fun to see lake friends in the winter.

As for the price on the boat, seesh I can't even imagine. I know I'm at the very low end of the water skier income spectrum but damnnation!

• Baller
Was at the Toronto boat show today. Prostar was base model $71,000 up to just over 94 fully loaded. Did not get to talk to the Nautique guy enough to get a price. Malibu seemed almost to be a decent price at 57-62 k, saw the Carbon Pro as well did not get a price. Moomba was there as well but no direct drive model there.

• Baller
@Horton‌ makes the right point. Also we as consumers have the right to not buy a boat of it does not fit our requirements (price is definately one of them). It will be interesting to see what boat sales do the next couple years. I'd be more interested in market share by manufacture and boat segment as percentages though. If we see Centurion and Gekko take a big chunk away from Correct Craft, Malibu and Mastercraft they will get the message about what consumers want.

• Supporting Member
@zippin_2 No way! That's Mille Borne, right? I had never even heard of that game until I became very-tangentially involved in some legal wrangling around the Magic: The Gathering patent. Mille Borne was a critical piece of prior art. In fact, I don't think I realized just how prior. 1935!!

• Baller
Something does not add when @Spuddy‌ noted Canadian fully loaded Prostar is 94K CA dollars (about 79.5K USD), how does it retail as @ToddL shows in TX for over 92K, and maybe not even fully loaded? Glad I can still buy a new Bu and the tow vehicle for those prices.

• Baller
If seedeatercost.com is correct, and a source I trust states it very close, the MC selling price for 2015 will have to be really high. I can see where people load up their wake boats with 15 people and party at the sandbar all day take out 20 year loans on a 6 fig boat, but ballers seem of a different mindset. At what price do most skiers stop buying new? You'd think there would be a ceiling, and I'd be shocked if MC didn't just hit it. I could afford new boat 5 years ago, but not now.

• Baller_
Wonder what a new MC cost in 1975, then 85, then 95, 2005 and now 2015. What is the % increase as it relates to the value of the dollar or cost of living at the time. Have we hit an all time high? Have we hit the highest increase in a 10 yr span as it relates to the above?? What are the next 10 yrs gonna look like?