2014 Mc Prostar vs '15 or '16

rodltg2

• Baller_
Transmission ratio change after 2014. Much better hole shot after 2014. If your setup is not an issue and you have plenty of length, a 2014 will be just fine.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I'll say this about the Prostar - it's wide. Coming out of a 196 SN that took a little getting used to. But other than that, this is an amazing boat. The interior is really an improvement for MC, from materials, to ergonomics, to general usability & functionality. The ZO and user screen is the best in the business. It's heavier than the 196 so slower speed maneuverability is a bit heavier/slower, but once you get used to it - no issue at all. I did make a minor rudder adjustment to back off of the rudder load that was generated through the course, which proved to be a very nice adjustment. I bought my boat used (130hrs) from Greg Badal so perhaps he preferred a bit more rudder load; and I really had to think hard about changing his setup, but I like the change. The boat is fantastic, I'm a huge fan

• Baller

Curious about the bow cover.

Do peoples on private lakes always leave the bow cover on ? Does it rattles or is it solidly held in place?

IMHO,Prostar looks way better with the cover.

In fact,i think every skiboat looks better with close bows... :)

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

My bow cover has come off maybe 3 times , but it is very nice for room when you have a day you go out to a public lake with the family. It makes no noise whatsoever.

Also no need to clean the front with it on as it keeps everything dry and clean.

By the way we have a 2000' lake with a straight in shot and we get to 36 mph no problem with the 5.7 2015 , the 2014 not so much.....

• Baller

Some minor cosmetic details: 2016 brought a new gel pattern, new interior pattern, and Garapa platform instead of Teak. Although 2014 and 2015 had the same interior pattern, 2014 had the "carbon" weave and 2015 had the "diamond" weave.

In 2015 they also replaced the center cup holder with a vent and added an air intake blower for the engine box along with a different transmission.