Haven't tested it yet Da Swe Powervest LOL

• Baller
K guys dont attack me i shall soon test it out !!!! the parts is an new CASALL HIT weight lifting belt flex, Radar gloves and a medium Dog leash from http://www.rokstraps.com/dog.html its flexible! and other stainless part from a local boat store. i made it most for fun but think it can work in an unloading aspect of the upper body to get the pull from the hips i just tested it on the doc with an handle attached full lean against rope with no effort at all. znxuvke64bkw.jpg 91hqpgknl46k.jpg

• Baller
Not attacking , just having fun with you. Be carefull with your invention. I would venture to guess that the Goode Powervest evolved from an idea like this....Speaking of the powervest , my sore lower back actually felt better after the first use of my powervest. The only thing that hurts is the bruised ribs. Have to learn how to use those clincher style gloves.

• Baller
Don't hesitate to try "clincher" style gloves with the dowels removed. There is almost zero grip loss, but when you intend to release the handle, it more easily comes out. I recommend you give it a go. You can probably put them back in with just a little effort if you decide to go back.

• Baller
Took the dowels out , but still took a few weird hits. In cases that should of ended in a " handle pop " , the gloves kept me connected a bit too long to the handle , and I got flung into the wake. Will try a lighter grip. Thanks guys.

• Baller

Quick update the need of reinforcement of the gloves from the begin i had just drilled a hole in the Radar logo that was made of rubber/plastic that was not designed to hold the load from a Nautique now it has thick leather and a eyelet,,, Naaa bad weather and lack of time Still heaven t tested it out, but in the weekend ill report back.

From further testing in my living room NO Doubt I have believe in this... m1351orj1y8a.jpg

• Baller

Hi guys im skiing with this every set now. Its prob more people than our Admin that wanna see video of this crafted setup in action but Ftm. ill just add my experience and value of it.

1. Deep water starts felt little strange the first times cos of the limited reach with two hands on the handle. Its quite an strong rubber core in the green leash, but learned when i feel tension in the rope handle just before the pull from the boat i straightens out my leg and lean my back hard and as much that i can. That way it extends the rubber core and extends my arms so i cant get an OTF failure start cos of the limited "TYR REX" arm the belt setup caused.

Conclusion of the DWS. its little more of an balancing act and you must really use the lower back muscles to lean back hard (not effortless) the DWS pull comes from the hip/lower back and not from your upper body that can be an good thingy.

Disappointment for some i haven't done any OTF starts with it (yet) ill add skiing experience soon (the best part)

• Baller

@Fehlindra

Bravo!

Hips-To-Handle!

You made it real!

:)

PS I would suggest to connect leash to wrist end of the dovel strap.

This tag will not last long, even reinforced with leather.

I also like experiments - made my own clincher gloves and got a lot of knowledge how&why it works and why it does not work for some users.

• Baller

@OldboyII haha you had right, today it happend the tag with the reinforced leather was torn off at the water start. Im waiting for new gloves from Radar to my local store in sweden dont know if they are shipped yet hope so. gonna take your advice and connect an D-ring to the wrist end the same way they are connected to the leash.

Back to the water OK this was my first fall not an OTF one =) Still in the water i disconnected my puppet strings from the gloves and continued skiing normally, discovered that my almost dialed in 16 vapor behaved so much different when i got the pull and handling through my upper body instead from the hip line. The skiing dint work out at all. ill add this to my skiing experience. vf8sm4ri9of6.jpg

• Baller
@Fehlindra do you have a back issue you are trying to ski through? If not I am not sure you are helping yourself by using this setup as a crutch. Particularly if you skied much worse without it. If you ski about the same with it and without it but can ski more passes in a set with it I can see it making sense. If you ski different technique without it I think it might make sense to fix your technique issues.

• Baller

Back issue less or more yes but will not say thats the main reason, as i said i did it most for fun and liked what i got out of it to date. Not sure if i shall rank the positive things about it and if so in what sequence, for me personally i ranked nr 1. that i learned instant (still in learning phase) that i must ski to the handle or hips to handle as Oldboy said. IMPOSSIBLE to cheat if i even try to reach the handle with my outside hand before my hip/ski finished the turn and are leveled with the handle ill do the famous OTF @ 100% .

First time i tested the belt thingy ill experienced the "automatic" counter rotation my outside hand moves far back on the outer hip at the same time ill do the reach -naa dont think i did that either i got an so much better turn now! takes some time to dial in the ski and me to finish the turn in time!

2. On the list must be the rly low anchor point that protects from sudden major weight change back and front wise caused by different scenarios like improper technique or just being late in the course (Yes both bad and good) the other thing that i haven't tested to the max is to stop the 5.7 or pull it backwards =) i can just imagine its my legs that sets the limit of the TUG behind the boat.

3. I can ski like for ever maybe empty an 22 liters 5.8 gal plastic spare tank without rest (maybe this should be the nr 1 on the list cos of the more practice i can have in the course than without it)

@Chef23 the technique can i learn and copy without the belt but its good meanwhile.

But the benefits with an low anchor point the belt offer are hard to beat without being immortal or sim.

@Drago that was the 15 Vapor with some strange things attached to it, last years sins we dont talk about it ill post some pics of my new ski when i get my new rear boot.